Recipe of Iconic Seafood Cocktail Salad for Vegetarian Food
Hello everybody, it is Brad, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, seafood cocktail salad. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Seafood Cocktail Salad is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. Seafood Cocktail Salad is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have seafood cocktail salad using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Seafood Cocktail Salad:
- Get salad
- Prepare 4 lb shrimp, cooked, peeled, deveined
- Get 4 lb artificial crab meat, lump style
- Make ready 6 cucumbers
- Make ready 2 bunches celery hearts
- Make ready 4 yellow bell peppers
- Prepare 1 head lettuce, shredded
- Make ready cocktail sauce
- Make ready 64 oz ketchup
- Take 6 tbsp double-strength horseradish
- Make ready 3 large lemons
Steps to make Seafood Cocktail Salad:
- The only difficult part of this recipe is finding a container large enough to mix it in. I use the Tupperware "Thatsa(tm) Bowl" 32-cup mega mixing bowl, and I still had to mix it up in two batches.
- For the cocktail sauce, empty a 64-ounce bottle of ketchup into a large bowl. Juice the lemons and pour the juice into the ketchup bottle and swish it around to get the remaining ketchup. Pour it into the bowl and add bits of the lemon pulp. Stir in the horseradish.
- Peel the cucumbers, but not completely. You want to leave some strips of the peel for color contrast. Slice in quarters lengthwise and remove the seeds. Cut the cucumbers into chunks. Cut the celery into chunks about the same size as the cucumbers. Your cucumber and celery chunks should be close in size to your seafood.
- Cut the bell peppers in half and remove seeds. Cut into thin strips.
- Put the shrimp, artificial crab, cucumbers, celery and bell peppers into a jumbo mixing bowl. Pour on the cocktail sauce and mix well.
- Cover the bottom of your serving dish with a 1-inch thick layer of the shredded lettuce. Spoon the seafood cocktail salad on top of the lettuce. Garnish around the side with slices or wedges of lemon.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food seafood cocktail salad recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!