Simple Way to Prepare Creative Saffron and cinnamon braised chicken with lemon yogurt for List of Food
Hey everyone, it is me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, saffron and cinnamon braised chicken with lemon yogurt. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Saffron and cinnamon braised chicken with lemon yogurt is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions every day. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. Saffron and cinnamon braised chicken with lemon yogurt is something that I have loved my entire life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook saffron and cinnamon braised chicken with lemon yogurt using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Saffron and cinnamon braised chicken with lemon yogurt:
- Take 1 cup chicken stock
- Prepare 1 pinch saffron
- Take 6 chicken thighs, bone-in and skin-on
- Get 1 large onion, sliced
- Take 1 cinnamon stick
- Make ready 1 small handful fresh cilantro, chopped
- Get 100 g plain Greek yogurt
- Make ready Rind of 1 lemon, finely grated
- Take 1 tbsp milk
Steps to make Saffron and cinnamon braised chicken with lemon yogurt:
- Heat the chicken stock in a cup in the microwave, then drop in the saffron and allow it to infuse while you continue cooking.
- Add a splash of veg oil to a medium pan on medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, then sear in the pan for 3 minutes per side until browned.
- Remove the chicken to a plate. If there's a lot of grease in the pan, drain all but a few tbsp. Add the onion and fry until soft and translucent (about 3 to 4 minutes).
- Lay the cinnamon stick in with the onions. Arrange the chicken thighs on top. Pour in the saffron-infused stock, and add a pinch of salt and a couple of grinds of freshly cracked black pepper. Turn the heat down to low and cover the pan. Let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove the lid and continue simmering about 5 minutes to reduce the sauce. Check the seasoning and add more salt and pepper as needed. Remove the cinnamon stick. Add the cilantro.
- In a bowl, mix the yogurt with the lemon rind and a pinch of salt. Stir in the milk to thin it out slightly.
- Serve the chicken with a dollop of lemon yogurt. This all goes great atop a mound of couscous.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food saffron and cinnamon braised chicken with lemon yogurt recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!