Simple Way to Make Ultimate Chicken Fajita Rice for Breakfast Food
Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, chicken fajita rice. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Chicken Fajita Rice is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They are nice and they look fantastic. Chicken Fajita Rice is something that I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have chicken fajita rice using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Fajita Rice:
- Prepare 3 tbsp. unsalted butter, divided
- Prepare 2 bell peppers (any color), diced
- Take 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- Prepare 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Take 1 cup long grain rice
- Make ready 1 tsp. chili powder
- Take 1/2 tsp. each ground cumin, smoked paprika, salt
- Get 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- Make ready 1 can (4 oz.) diced green chilis
- Take Juice of 1 lime
- Take 2 1/2 cups unsalted chicken broth
- Prepare 1/4 cup sour cream
- Take 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- Prepare 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
Steps to make Chicken Fajita Rice:
- In a large, deep skillet with a tight fitting lid, heat 2 tbsp of the butter. Once it's melted, add in the peppers and onion with a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring often, until they're softened…about 5-7 minutes. Then add the garlic and the additional tbsp of butter and cook another minute or so more, until fragrant.
- Turn the heat up to med-high and stir in the rice and seasonings. Let the rice toast for 3-4 minutes, stirring often. Then stir in the diced green chiles, broth, lime juice and sour cream until it's all integrated. Place the lid on and let it come to a low boil. Once at a boil, lower the heat to low and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the rice is tender and the liquid has absorbed.
- Remove the pan from the heat and sprinkle the cheese across the top. Place the lid back on and let the cheese melt, then serve.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food chicken fajita rice recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!