Steps to Make Favorite Kentucky Inspired Fried Taters with Cheese and Bacon for Lunch Food
Hey everyone, it is me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, kentucky inspired fried taters with cheese and bacon. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Kentucky Inspired Fried Taters with Cheese and Bacon is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They are nice and they look fantastic. Kentucky Inspired Fried Taters with Cheese and Bacon is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook kentucky inspired fried taters with cheese and bacon using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Kentucky Inspired Fried Taters with Cheese and Bacon:
- Get 2 large whole potatoes - if russets, peel. If a thin-skinned potato, your call
- Make ready 2 Tbsps kosher salt
- Take 4 slices thick-cut bacon - diced
- Prepare 1 shallot or small onion - quartered and sliced thin
- Take OPTIONAL: ~1 scant cup other veggies if you like (I don’t do this but it’s your dinner - BE A BOSS!!)
- Take to taste Salt, pepper and smoked paprika
- Get 1 1/2 cup shredded cheese (I like to mix medium cheddar and Monterey Jack - and I like to use more cheese 🧀🧀🧀)
- Prepare ~1-2 or more Tbsps butter (your call if you use salted or unsalted butter - just NO margarine)
- Take Beverage of your choice
Steps to make Kentucky Inspired Fried Taters with Cheese and Bacon:
- Par-cook your taters. I like to put mine in a saucepan, cover with cold water and add the 2 Tbsps kosher salt. Bring to a boil and cook for ~10 mins. Remove taters, set aside to cool completely (at least 3 hours - can be done a few days in advance and chilled). Then cut in half lengthwise and slice into 1/2 inch “half moons”. Set aside.
- Pour yourself a drink - you deserve it. You’re making dinner!!
- In a large fry pan, cook diced bacon low and slow (well, actually medium low heat) to render out the fat (you’ll need ~ 3 Tbsps fat). Remove bacon from pan with a slotted spoon and add to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Add to the bacon fat your sliced shallots or onion (and veggies if you so choose). Sauté on medium heat until tender. Remove to a bowl and set aside.
- Take sip - I’m thirsty! 🍹🍹
- Add 1 Tbsps butter to the fry pan and add your first layer of cooled tater-half-moons. Do NOT crowd the pan. Season lightly with salt, pepper and smoked paprika. Brown to your liking on one side, then flip and and brown lightly. Remove to a separate plate. Repeat with following layers, add more butter if needed. Keep going until the last layer of potatoes are in the fry pan and flipped.
- Add all the fried taters and veggies back to the pan and cover with cheese. Turn heat down to low or medium-low (you know your stove) and cover with a lid for ~3-5 mins until cheese is melted. Or if you prefer brown and bubbly, put your OVEN-SAFE pan under the broiler uncovered for a few minutes (DO NOT LEAVE UNSUPERVISED - or have really good home/renters insurance)
- Phew!!!! That was stressful! I need a drink.
- Top your amazing taters and cheese with the cooked bacon. By this time you need a refill 🍸. Then plate and enjoy!
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food kentucky inspired fried taters with cheese and bacon recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!