How to Make Iconic Pasta e Fagioli (Olive Garden Copycat) for List of Food
Hey everyone, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, pasta e fagioli (olive garden copycat). It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Pasta e Fagioli (Olive Garden Copycat) is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Pasta e Fagioli (Olive Garden Copycat) is something which I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook pasta e fagioli (olive garden copycat) using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Pasta e Fagioli (Olive Garden Copycat):
- Take 1/2 lb ground beef
- Take 1/2 lb Italian sausage, i use sweet
- Take 1 cup chopped onion
- Take 1 cup chopped celery
- Make ready 2 clove garlic, minced
- Make ready 2 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, i use basil, garlic and onion flavor
- Take 1 15 oz can red kidney beans with liquid
- Make ready 1 15 oz can cannellini beans, with liquid
- Make ready 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
- Get 24 oz can V8 juice
- Make ready 1 tbsp white vinegar
- Prepare 1 tbsp sugar
- Take 1/2 tsp salt
- Make ready 1 tsp oregano
- Make ready 1 tsp basil
- Get 1/2 tsp pepper
- Prepare 1/2 tsp thyme. you can also use 1 tsp Italian seasoning if you dont have thyme
- Take 1/2 lb ditali pasta
Steps to make Pasta e Fagioli (Olive Garden Copycat):
- in large sauce pan, brown meat, drain most of the fat
- add onions, garlic, and celery and saute about 5-7 minutes, being careful not to burn
- add remaining ingredients except pasta and cannellini beans. simmer covered for 30 minutes, then add beans, cover, and simmer another 30 minutes. (this prevents beans from breaking apart and getting too mushy).do not boil
- about 10 minutes before soup is done simmering, make pasta according to package directions for al dente. drain and rinse
- i keep pasta separated until ready to serve, and then add desired amount to each bowl to prevent it from soaking up too much of the soups' liquid. if you have leftover soup, just toss the pasta with a teeny bit of olive oil and store in a ziploc baggie, and add to soup as needed
- top with freshly shaved parmesan cheese if desired. we love this with another copycat, Red Lobsters Cheddar Bay biscuits (haven't gotten around to posting that one yet!) or of course, breadsticks or fresh italian bread.
- if you prefer a thinner soup , you can add more V8 (about 12 more oz or to your liking), or about a cup of beef broth. this also freezes well
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food pasta e fagioli (olive garden copycat) recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!