Recipe of Ultimate Italian Cannoli bites for Healthy Recipe
Hey everyone, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, italian cannoli bites. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Italian Cannoli bites is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They are nice and they look wonderful. Italian Cannoli bites is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have italian cannoli bites using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Italian Cannoli bites:
- Take For the Cannoli shell
- Prepare 2 Cups all purpose flour
- Take 2 1/2 tbsp castor sugar
- Take 1 tsp cocoa powder
- Make ready 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Prepare 1 pinch nutmeg (optional)
- Get 1/2 tsp salt
- Make ready 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Take 6-8 Tbsp apple juice or grape juice*
- Take 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar (red wine vinegar or plain white vinegar would be fine)
- Prepare Vegetable oil cooking spray
- Prepare Cannoli Filling
- Prepare 12 oz whole milk Ricotta cheese, strained
- Take 8 oz Mascarpone cheese
- Prepare 1/2 cup powdered sugar**
- Prepare 1/3 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Make ready powdered sugar, for dusting (optional)
- Make ready toppings:
- Prepare Melted chocolate, chopped pistachios, sprinkles, toasted sweetened coconut
Steps to make Italian Cannoli bites:
- For the cannoli cups - Preheat the oven to about 200 degrees C.
- Add flour, granulated sugar, cocoa powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt to a food processor and pulse until blended. Pour in melted butter and pulse until well combined then pulse until blended. In a bowl combine juice and vinegar, with processor running slowly pour in juice mixture and pulse just until mixture begins to come together. Divide dough into two pieces, shape into balls and transfer to a resealable bag. Chill in refrigerator 30 minutes - 1 hour.
- Meanwhile prepare filling. In a mixing bowl, using a rubber or silicone spatula, blend together Ricotta and Mascarpone cheese while running and pressing mixture along bottom of bowl to remove any lumps. Fold in powdered sugar. Cover and chill 30 minutes (or until ready to use).
- Roll each chilled dough out on a lightly floured surface (dust top with flour too) into a 14-inch circle, to about an 1/8-inch thickeness. Cut into circles using a 2 1/2-inch round biscuit cutter. Transfer rounds to an ungreased mini muffin tin, pressing evenly into sides and bottom of muffin well. Spray tops evenly with vegetable oil spray (I just poured vegetable oil in to my Misto to spray). Bake in preheated oven 11 - 13 minutes until lightly golden (I liked these best crisp).
- Remove from oven and transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely. Once cool dip tops in chocolate if desired then into coating if using (such as pistachios) and allow chocolate to set.
- Remove cannoli filling from refrigerator, transfer to a piping bag fitted with a tip (or you can use a large resealable bag and cut the tip of the end). Pipe filling into cups and sprinkle with chocolate chips and dust with powdered sugar. For best results serve within 2 hours. Store in refrigerator.
- *Update - some have mentioned their dough being too thick and not elastic enough to keep a shape when rolling and cutting, so I'bhi updated it to be 6 - 8 Tbsp of juice rather than just 6 Tbsp.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food italian cannoli bites recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!