Steps to Make Authentic Spicy chile lime fajitas for Dinner Food
Hello everybody, it is Louise, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, spicy chile lime fajitas. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Spicy chile lime fajitas is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. They are fine and they look wonderful. Spicy chile lime fajitas is something which I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook spicy chile lime fajitas using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Spicy chile lime fajitas:
- Take Marinade
- Get 3 tsp ancho Chile powder
- Make ready 3 tsp cumin
- Take 2 tsp smoke paprika
- Get 3 tsp Chile lime seasoning (badia)
- Prepare 2 tsp salt
- Make ready 4 limes
- Get Canola or vegetable oil
- Prepare Veggies
- Prepare 2 large poblano
- Make ready Med yellow onion
- Take Med red and yellow bell
- Make ready 3 large jalepenos
- Take 6 oz sliced portabella
- Prepare Meat
- Make ready 2 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts (1.25lb trimmed)
Steps to make Spicy chile lime fajitas:
- Butterfly the chicken breast and slice the chicken (this will allow the marinate to really penetrate the meat over a short period of time)
- Add all the seasonings to a ziplock back followed by a glug of oil and the juice of 2 limes(add some water if you need to loosen the marinade up). shake really well and add the chicken and massage the marinade into the chicken and marinate for a couple hours in the fridge or overnight.
- Slice all the veggies and place in the fridge while the meat marinates
- Remove the meat and place in a strainer to remove most of the marinade
- Heat a large cast iron pan with some oil and quickly sear the meat but don’t over cook, remove and set aside.
- Add a splash of water to deglaze the pan and add and sear the veggies (I squeeze a lime and add a few pinches of kosher salt) once seared push to the side and add the meat back to the pan to heat the rest of the way through.
- Serve on flour tortillas with jack cheese and a slice of lime on the side….enjoy!
- Alternate method. I have had success with sear the veggies on high to sear the bottom and then add it under the broiler at 550. After the veggies are seared well nestle in the chicken and broil for an additional few minutes and serve.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food spicy chile lime fajitas recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!