Easiest Way to Prepare Authentic Vasilopita by Theodora for Vegetarian Recipe
Hello everybody, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, vasilopita by theodora. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Vasilopita by Theodora is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions every day. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Vasilopita by Theodora is something which I have loved my whole life.
Vasilopita by Theodora. Δημοφιλέστερες Ειδήσεις Sintages Pareas. The Vasilopita tradition has its roots in the life of St Basil the Great." (Fragment of the book "Monastic Pastry and Other Recipes" written by Archimandrite Demetrios Kavvadias). Vasilopita is the Greek New Year's cake with a hidden coin inside. Find the coin to get good luck for the whole year!
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have vasilopita by theodora using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Vasilopita by Theodora:
- Take 1 kg bread flour
- Take 1 1/2 cup sugar
- Get 1 1/2 cup lukewarm milk
- Prepare 250 g butter or margarine (at room temperature)
- Prepare 6 eggs
- Get 1 tsp mahlab (ground)
- Prepare 100 g fresh yeast
- Make ready zest of one orange
- Prepare 2 tbsp orange juice (lukewarm)
- Prepare blanched almonds (optionally)
- Get 1 egg yolk to brush the top of the vasilopita
Vasilopita, or Greek New Year's Bread, is a sweet yeasted egg bread scented with orange and traditionally served on New Year's day. This Beautifully Minted Vasilopita Coin with the image of St. Basil The Great was designed by Father George Papadeas expressly for the purpose of this Wonderful Occasion. Vasilopita is the Greek New Year's Bread.
Steps to make Vasilopita by Theodora:
- Beat the eggs with the sugar and the butter until they cream.
- Dissolve the yeast in the lukewarm orange juice together with 2 tbsp of the lukewarm milk and let it rise. Continue beating the ingredients adding the orange zest and the mahlab.
- When the yeast rises, add it to the mixer alternating it with the sifted flour and the rest of the milk and beat as much as is needed for the ingredients to be incorporated.
- Place in a No 34 baking tray or two smaller ones. Cover them and let the dough rise.
- Brush the top with egg yolk (dissolved in a little water) and garnish with blanched almonds, forming the year.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for about an hour.
- You can also dust it with icing sugar when you remove it from the oven or white chocolate making various patterns.
- Best of luck and Happy New Year!
Basil The Great was designed by Father George Papadeas expressly for the purpose of this Wonderful Occasion. Vasilopita is the Greek New Year's Bread. On New Year's Day families cut the Vassilopita to bless the house and bring good luck for. Vasilopita organised by the Ionian Society. Greek Νew Year's cake - Vasilopita by Greek chef Akis Petretzikis.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food vasilopita by theodora recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!