Easiest Way to Prepare Popular Vasilopita croissant for Lunch Recipe
Hey everyone, it is me, Dave, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, vasilopita croissant. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Vasilopita croissant. Δημοφιλέστερες Ειδήσεις Sintages Pareas. Τρουφάκια με καρύδι. Vasilopita, or Greek New Year's Bread, is a sweet yeasted egg bread scented with orange and traditionally served on New Year's day. A coin is hidden inside and whoever gets it has good luck for. Vasilopita is a sweet Greek New Year's bread.
Vasilopita croissant is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. Vasilopita croissant is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook vasilopita croissant using 12 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Vasilopita croissant:
- Get 3 1/2 cups flour
- Get 2 tbsp dry yeast
- Take 1/3 cup sugar
- Make ready 1 tsp salt
- Make ready 1 cup lukewarm milk
- Prepare 2 tbsp melted butter
- Get 2 eggs
- Prepare 1/2 cup sugar
- Get 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Take 1/2 cup candied cherries, cut
- Make ready 1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely cut
- Get 1/3 cup soft butter
On New Year's Day families cut the Vassilopita to bless the house and bring good luck for. This Beautifully Minted Vasilopita Coin with the image of St. Basil The Great was designed by Father George Papadeas expressly for the purpose of this Wonderful Occasion. Greek Νew Year's cake - Vasilopita by Greek chef Akis Petretzikis.
Instructions to make Vasilopita croissant:
- Mix the flour with the yeast, the sugar and the salt in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the center and add the lukewarm milk, one egg and the yolk of the second egg.
- Knead by pulling in the flour from the sides, little by little
- Until you have a soft dough.
- Cover the dough and leave it to rest for 5'.
- In the meantime, mix the sugar, cinnamon, cherries and walnuts in a bowl. Set them aside.
- Divide the dough into 3 equal parts.
- Roll out each part into a thick sheet of 30 cm diameter.
- Place the first sheet into a non-stick backing tray. Spread half of the soft butter onto its surface and sprinkle with half of the walnut mixture.
- Now place the second sheet, spread the rest of the butter on it and sprinkle with the remaining walnut mixture.
- Top with the third sheet and place a small plate of 5 cm diameter on its center (in the photo it's a cookie cutter of that particular diameter).
- Using a sharp knife cut 16 pieces, starting from the plate towards the circumferance.
- Remove the small plate.
- Twist each piece, spirally, turning it 3 times.
- Cover with plastic wrap and leave it to rise for 15-40 minutes or as much as it takes until it doubles.
- Beat the egg white lightly with a tsp of sugar and brush the top of the vasilopita.
- Bake at 180°C for about 25 minutes until golden brown. When it cools, decorate the center with sweet cherries.
Basil The Great was designed by Father George Papadeas expressly for the purpose of this Wonderful Occasion. Greek Νew Year's cake - Vasilopita by Greek chef Akis Petretzikis. An authentic traditional Greek recipe for a New Year's cake made every New Year in Greece! Vasilopita sau prajitura Sfantului Vasile este o prajitura gustoasa, usor de preparat, cu specific grecesc. Asemanatoare cozonacului, vasilopita este pregatita potrivit traditiei in ziua de praznuire a.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food vasilopita croissant recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!