How to Make Exotic Crockpot Carnitas for Dinner Recipe
Hello everybody, it is Jim, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, crockpot carnitas. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Crockpot Carnitas is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Crockpot Carnitas is something which I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have crockpot carnitas using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Crockpot Carnitas:
- Make ready 3 lbs pork (butt or shoulder) cut into one inch pieces
- Make ready 1 sweet onion, diced
- Take 3-4 cloves garlic
- Prepare 2 cinnamon sticks
- Make ready 1/2 T cumin
- Make ready 1/2 T oregano
- Get 1/2 t chipotle chili powder
- Take 1/2 t salt
- Get 1/4 t pepper
- Prepare 1 large orange (zest and juice)
Steps to make Crockpot Carnitas:
- Place diced onion, garlic and cinnamon sticks in bottom of slow cooker.
- Mix oregano, cumin, salt, chipotle powder, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Pour powder mixture over cubes pork and stir to coat all pieces evenly.
- Dump pork over top of onions in crock pot.
- Zest some of the orange over top of pork.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove cinnamon sticks, squeeze orange juice over pork and stir.
- Serve alone, as a burrito or taco filling, over rice, etc.
- (If you want it a little crispier, you can spread meat out on a jelly roll pan and broil for a few min.)
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food crockpot carnitas recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!