Recipe of Fancy Glazed Orange Cookies for List of Recipe
Hello everybody, it’s me, Dave, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, glazed orange cookies. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Glazed Orange Cookies is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions every day. Glazed Orange Cookies is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook glazed orange cookies using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Glazed Orange Cookies:
- Get 1 1/4 Cup All-purpose flour
- Get 1/2 Teaspoon baking powder
- Take 1/8 Teaspoon Salt
- Get 1/2 Cup Granulated sugar
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon Grated orange zest
- Take 1/2 Cup unsalted butter
- Make ready 1 Tablespoon fresh orange juice
- Get 1/2 an egg
- Prepare Orange Glaze
- Get 3/4 Cup icing sugar
- Take 1 Tablespoon Orange zest
- Get Fresh orange juice
Instructions to make Glazed Orange Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees celsius. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the the sugar and orange zest, rubbing them together with your fingers until the zest is completely incorporated into the sugar.
- Cream together the butter and the orange zest-infused sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the egg and orange and mix until combined, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed. Gradually add the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined. If the dough seems a little on the soft side, refrigerate it for up to 30 minutes.
- Scoop out the dough and roll them into balls, placing them 2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until very lightly browned around the edges, but still pale in the middle. Let cool for 5 to 10 minutes on the cookie sheet, and then remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Make the Sweet Orange Glaze: Whisk together the powdered sugar, orange zest, and enough orange juice to achieve the desired consistency (less juice for a thicker glaze, more for a thinner one). Spread glaze over top of the cooled cookies, and allow to set at room temperature for at least 30 minutes. Store at room temperature in an airtight container (divide layers with wax paper so the cookies don't stick together).
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food glazed orange cookies recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!