Recipe of Homemade Mike&#39;s Carnitas for Types of Food
Hello everybody, it’s Jim, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, mike's carnitas. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Mike's Carnitas is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. Mike's Carnitas is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have mike's carnitas using 36 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Mike's Carnitas:
- Take ● For The First Stage
- Get 10 Pounds Boneless Pork Tenderloin
- Get 2 (14 oz) Cans Beef Broth
- Prepare 1 tbsp Fresh Ground Cumin
- Prepare 1/2 Dos Equis Beer
- Get 1 LG Vidalia Onion
- Prepare 1 LG Cinnamon Stick
- Get 1 tbsp Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Prepare ● For The Second Stage
- Prepare 4 LG Jalapeños [halved - deseeded]
- Take 1/2 LG Chopped Green Bell Pepper
- Prepare 1/2 Bottle LG Mexican Coke
- Prepare 1/2 Bottle Dos Equis Beer
- Get 1 tbsp Fresh Ground Cumin
- Get 1 tsp Crushed Mexican Oregano
- Take 1 tsp Crushed Bay Leaves
- Get 1/2 LG Orange [with juice]
- Take 1 Medium Lime [with juice]
- Take ● For The The Third Stage
- Prepare 2 Pounds Manteca Lard
- Make ready ● For The Fourth Stage
- Make ready Seal Tightly In Tin Foil With One Cup Pork Juice
- Take 1 Cup Of Your Favorite Red Salsa [optional]
- Take ● For The Sides [as needed]
- Make ready Warm Flour Tortillas
- Make ready Mexican Sour Cream
- Make ready Leaves Fresh Cilantro
- Take Mexican 3 Cheese
- Get Green Salsa
- Get Red Salsa
- Make ready Pico de Gallo
- Take Guacamole Dip
- Make ready Red Onions
- Take White Onions
- Make ready Sliced Radishes
- Take Sliced Cabbage
Instructions to make Mike's Carnitas:
- 10 Pounds of frozen boneless Pork Tender Loin pictured. Dethaw and brine overnight.
- Add everything in the first stage and allow to simmer in a crock pot for 10 hours. Pull the majority of fluid from your pork and place broth in fridge. You will need it later.
- Add everything in the second stage and allow to simmer for 2 additional hours in your crock pot.
- Important: Shread pork into large chunks. Pull and chop all vegetables within the crock pot separately.
- Stage three. Two pounds of lard pictured.
- Heat your lard and add your large pork chunks.
- Fry until crispy on the outside but moist on the inside.
- Fry pork in batches for 13 minutes a piece.
- Drain. Then add the juice of one orange and one small lime. Add 2 cups pork juice and 1 cup of your favorite red salsa. Salsa optional.
- Chop up your vegetables and add to fried pork.
- Mix well.
- Seal tightly with tin foil and leave in the oven at 250° for 1 hour or until ready to serve.
- Serve with assorted condiments and ice cold Mexican beers.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food mike's carnitas recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!