Recipe of Perfect Chicken Piccata over Lemon Basil Pasta for Healthy Recipe
Hello everybody, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, chicken piccata over lemon basil pasta. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chicken Piccata over Lemon Basil Pasta is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. They are nice and they look fantastic. Chicken Piccata over Lemon Basil Pasta is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have chicken piccata over lemon basil pasta using 14 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Piccata over Lemon Basil Pasta:
- Prepare Lemon Basil Pasta
- Prepare 12 oz spaghetti
- Take Salt
- Prepare 2 lemons (zested and juiced)
- Take 1/4 cup olive oil
- Get 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Prepare 1/4 bunch Basil, chopped
- Prepare Chicken Piccata
- Take 1 fresh lemon
- Prepare 1/4 bunch Italian Parsley, chopped
- Prepare 3 cloves garlic
- Make ready 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 lbs)
- Make ready Pinch salt and pepper
- Take Grated Parmesan Cheese, to garnish
Steps to make Chicken Piccata over Lemon Basil Pasta:
- For the Pasta:
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of generously salted boiling water (1 tablespoon of salt for every 6 cups of water) until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally.
- Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water. Return drained spaghetti to the pot.
- Meanwhile, whisk the lemon juice, oil, heavy cream, Parmesan, and red pepper flakes in a bowl to combine. Add ¼ cup of the pasta cooking water and whisk to combine.
- Add lemon sauce to spaghetti in pot; toss until pasta is evenly coated with sauce. Add remaining cooking liquid, if necessary. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Garnish with lemon zest, chopped basil and parmesan cheese.
- For the Chicken Piccata:
- Prepare the lemon, parsley, and garlic so they’re ready to go when you need them. Roughly chop the parsley leaves, juice the lemon, and mince the garlic. Set these ingredients aside.
- Trim the chicken breasts of excess fat. Cover them with plastic wrap and pound them with a mallet or rolling pin until they are an even thickness (about 1/2-3/4 inch thick).
- Cut each chicken breast in half so that you have four to six pieces about the size of the palm of your hand. Season both sides of the chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy skillet, over medium heat. While the oil is heating, place the flour in a bowl and lightly coat each piece of chicken on both sides. When the oil is very hot but not smoking, add the chicken pieces to the skillet and cook until golden brown on each side (about 3-5 minutes on each side).
- Cook the chicken in batches, if needed, to prevent them from overcrowding the skillet. Transfer the browned chicken on a clean plate.
- After removing the chicken from the skillet, turn the heat down to medium-low and add the butter and minced garlic. Sauté the garlic in the butter for about one minute. Add the chicken broth and lemon juice to the skillet and whisk to dissolve (or “deglaze”) the brown bits off of the bottom of the pan.
- Add the capers and half of the chopped parsley to the skillet. Increase the heat to medium, add the chicken back to the skillet, and spoon the sauce over top. Allow the chicken to simmer in the sauce for 3-5 minutes, without a lid, or until the sauce reduces by half. The flour on the chicken will help thicken the sauce as it simmers.
- Twirl the pasta into the center of the dish and sprinkle remaining basil over pasta. Top with two pieces of chicken, and top with lemon wedge. Drizzle remaining sauce in skillet over dish. Top with lemon zest and Parmesan cheese.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food chicken piccata over lemon basil pasta recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!