Recipe of Popular Vegan Malai Kofta for Dinner Recipe
Hey everyone, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, vegan malai kofta. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Vegan Malai Kofta is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions every day. Vegan Malai Kofta is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have vegan malai kofta using 24 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Vegan Malai Kofta:
- Make ready 4-5 Potatoes
- Make ready 1 lb extra firm tofu, firm will do as well
- Get 1/2 cup or as needed corn starch
- Prepare 2 tbsp minced cilantro with stems
- Prepare 1 inch ginger
- Make ready 4 green chilli
- Prepare 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Get 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Prepare 1 3/4 tsp salt
- Get 1 cup frozen green peas
- Get oil for frying or baking
- Take Curry Tomato Cream Sauce
- Get 1 large pink onion, coarsely chopped
- Prepare 4-5 diced tomatoes
- Take 1/4 cup cashews
- Take 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- Make ready 1 " ginger, chopped
- Take 1 1/2 tsp garam masala
- Get 1 tsp ground turmeric
- Make ready 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Make ready 1 tsp salt
- Get 1 (15 oz) can coconut milk
- Prepare 1 tbsp kasoori methi (dried fenugreek leaves)
- Prepare Fresh cilantro, for garnish (optional)
Steps to make Vegan Malai Kofta:
- In a large heavy bottomed pot add the onions, tomatoes, cashews, garlic, ginger, garam masala, turmeric, cayenne, and salt.
- Cover the pot and bring it to a simmer over medium heat. Let simmer covered for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer the onion and tomato mixture to a blender and blend until smooth, making sure it's cool down or vent it properly so hot air doesn't build up in the blender.
- Pour the creamy mixture back into the pot and add the coconut milk, reserving little back to serve and crush the methi in your fingers and add to the pot. Mix together and cover the pot and set aside until the kofta are ready.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the tofu by squeezing it until it becomes creamy and no chunks remain. The texture required of ricotta. Or you can blend it in food processor until smooth.
- Add the mashed potatoes to the mashed tofu along with the corn starch, minced cilantro, lemon juice, ginger chilli paste, black pepper and salt. Mix together and test the consistency by forming a lemon sized ball. It should hold together.
- It can stick to your hands a little, but if it is very sticky or too wet and falling apart, you can add a bit more corn starch.
- This can vary on the variety of tofu. Mix in the frozen peas. Shape the kofta and deep fry.
- To fry the kofta: Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan over medium-low heat. Test the oil temperature with a small piece of the kofta mixture: the oil should bubble around it and the kofta should float to the surface quickly after being dropped in.
- Fry the shaped kofta in batches, and fry until the kofta is a beautiful dark golden brown color, flipping halfway through for even cooking. This should take 5-10 minutes, depending on the temperature of your oil.
- When the kofta are cooked, transfer to a paper towel lined plate with a wire strainer.
- When ready to serve, pour the gravy /sauce over the kofta (only use the amount you will eat in one sitting, as the kofta get soggy once in the sauce), then pour the reserved coconut milk over top the kofta. Garnish with cilantro if desired. Enjoy with Indian flatbread and/or basmati rice.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food vegan malai kofta recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!