Easiest Way to Make Traditional Creamy Garlic Crab Spaghetti Squash Boats for Dinner Recipe
Hello everybody, it’s Jim, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, creamy garlic crab spaghetti squash boats. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Creamy Garlic Crab Spaghetti Squash Boats is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Creamy Garlic Crab Spaghetti Squash Boats is something that I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook creamy garlic crab spaghetti squash boats using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Creamy Garlic Crab Spaghetti Squash Boats:
- Get 1 medium to large spaghetti squash
- Prepare 1/2 lb lump crab meat
- Get 4 cloves finely chopped garlic
- Make ready 1/2 cup finally diced sweet onion, celery and green bell peppers (trinity)
- Prepare 1/2 cup finally diced sweeties baby peppers (red, orange and yellow)
- Prepare 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Get 2-4 Tbsps Philadelphia whipped garlic and herb cream cheese
- Prepare 2 Tbsps Pecorino Romano or Parmasana Reggiano
- Get 1/2 cup shredded cheese of choice (ie. Italian blend, cheddar blend, mozzarella, etc.)
- Take Mrs. Dash Original, Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Prepare 2 Tbsps approximately olive oil
Instructions to make Creamy Garlic Crab Spaghetti Squash Boats:
- Poke slits into the spaghetti squash to vent and place in microwave on high for 4-6 mins to soften it in preparation to cut it in half to make your boats. This makes slicing it in half much easier on the hands trust me.
- Remove spaghetti squash from the microwave and when cool enough to the touch, cut the top stem off to flatten one end. Turn the spaghetti squash on it's top on the cut side and with a large chef's knife from the top cut down the middle to cut the spaghetti squash in half to form your boats. Using a large soup spoon scoop out the inner seeds and the flesh that it resides in.
- Lightly oil the cut side of both boats and place them cut side down in a nonstick cookie sheet or roasting pan. Place in a preheated oven that has been preheated to 400 degrees F and roast the spaghetti squash for 40 mins. Once it is removed from oven, you can let it cool a bit or just using an oven mitt turn the boats over cut side up and fork up the inside flesh to form your spaghetti. Set aside while you make the sauce.
- In a large sauté pan, heat about 1 Tbsp of olive oil on medium high heat.
- Add your trinity, sweetie peppers and garlic to the pan and season with Mrs. Dash Original, salt and pepper to taste and sauté stirring often until the veggies become a bit translucent. Don't let them brown. Add your crab meat and once again season with Mrs. Dash Original, salt and pepper to taste. Go easy on the salt as you will be adding your parmesan cheese shortly. Just warm the crab through at this point as it's already cooked.
- Add your heavy cream and garlic/herb cream cheese to melt it down then add your grated cheese of choice and stir to incorporate and warm through.
- Pour your completed sauce mixture evenly over both boats. Don't bother stirring as it will seep down through the forked up flesh of the spaghetti squash. Sprinkle the shredded cheese of your choice on top of both boats.
- In a preheated 350 degree F oven place the roasting pan with the completed boats uncovered and bake approximately 20-30 mins depending on how much browning you want on the top of the boats.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food creamy garlic crab spaghetti squash boats recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!