Recipe of Perfect Fajita Lime Chicken Salad for Lunch Food
Hey everyone, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, fajita lime chicken salad. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Fajita Lime Chicken Salad is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions daily. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Fajita Lime Chicken Salad is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have fajita lime chicken salad using 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Fajita Lime Chicken Salad:
- Get Salad
- Make ready 1 Newman's own light lime dressing (sub any lime dressing, but this one is really good)
- Get 1 celery heart (smallest, light green/yellow middle of a celery), sliced do not remove leaves
- Take 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Get 1 bunch red leaf lettuce, cut or torn into bite size salad bits
- Get 1 bunch green leaf lettuce, cut or torn into bite size salad bits
- Get Fajita topping
- Get 2 tbsp olive oil
- Take 1 large yellow sweet onion, cut into strips
- Prepare 1 anaheim or poblano pepper, cut into strips.
- Take 3 assorted bell peppers (red, green and yellow for example), cut into strips
- Make ready Chicken marinade
- Take 1 Serrano or Jalapeno pepper, minced
- Make ready 2 chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- Get 2 clove garlic, minced
- Make ready 1 tsp ground cumin
- Get 1 tsp thyme
- Prepare 1/2 tsp oregano
- Get 2 tbsp olive oil
Instructions to make Fajita Lime Chicken Salad:
- Combine everything in Chicken Marinade section in a plastics zip lock bag or bowl and mix thoroughly. Add more oil if needed. Let sit for at least an hour, the longer it sits the more seasonings the chicken will absorb.
- Combine everything in the Salad section in a large bowl and toss so it is thoroughly mixed together.
- Cut up peppers and onions, set aside.
- Put a small amount of oil in a skillet and warm to medium high. Add chicken letting as much seasoning and oil get into the skillet as possible. Cook until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add onions to skillet and cook until clear and caramelized.
- Add peppers to skillet and cook until soft. Turn the skillet let heat to high and mix chicken in with peppers. Stir every few seconds to blacken bits and pieces of the mixture.
- When little blacked bits of meat and veggies are visible over about 30% of the mixture remove from heat and place over the bed of lettuce.
- Add lime salad dressing to taste. Optional, add avocado or guacamole.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food fajita lime chicken salad recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!