Recipe of Original Vegetarian mexican lasagna for Lunch Recipe
Hello everybody, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, vegetarian mexican lasagna. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
This Vegetarian Mexican Lasagna is like an Enchilada layered up like lasagna, using tortillas instead of lasagna sheets. Mexican-inspired ingredients are layered lasagna-style with a ricotta and spinach mixture between corn tortillas in this vegetarian baked dish. This is from Vegetarian Times: Low-Fat and Fast (highly recommended). I've made it quite a few times now, and it's a nice bit of comfort food You'LL also love.
Vegetarian mexican lasagna is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions every day. Vegetarian mexican lasagna is something that I have loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have vegetarian mexican lasagna using 12 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Vegetarian mexican lasagna:
- Prepare 2 tablespoon avocado oil
- Take 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- Make ready 1 large orange bell pepper, diced
- Take 1 small yellow onion, diced
- Prepare 1 pack mexican veggie ground round (I've used yves veggie)
- Get 2-3 tablespoon cheezwhiz
- Get 150 ml taco sauce (I've used Old el Paso)
- Prepare to taste hot sauce (I've used Cholula original)
- Prepare 5 flour tortillas (I've used Old el Paso smart fiesta)
- Get 25 ml taco sauce (I've used Old el Paso mild)
- Make ready 1/2 cup shredded cheddar or mozzarella cheese
- Get to taste chipotle or chili powder
This Vegetarian Mexican Lasagna Recipe is a healthy dinner meal idea the whole family will love! Now you may have heard of "Taco Tuesday", otherwise known as my favorite day of the week. This meatless Vegan Mexican Lasagna recipe is made with layers of seasoned veggie crumbles, vegan cheese, and avocados. It uses south-of-the-border ingredients to create a festive vegetarian.
Instructions to make Vegetarian mexican lasagna:
- Heat up the oil in a large skillet at medium/high heat and cook the bell peppers for 2 minutes.
- Add in the onions and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Lower the heat to low and add in the ground round, breaking it in tiny bits with a wooden spoon.
- Add in 2 tablespoon of cheezwhiz, 150 ml of taco sauce and hot sauce to taste. Mix well. Add 1 more tablespoon of cheezwhiz if you like it extra cheesy.
- Turn off the heat, cover the skillet and set aside.
- Preheat the oven at 350°.
- Lay one tortilla in a pyrex pie plate.
- Cover the tortilla with a quater of the ground round mix, lay a tortilla on top and gently press with hands.
- Repeat till you have 4 layers of ground round mix. Top layer must be a tortilla.
- Spread 25 ml of taco sauce on top of the last tortilla, cover with shredded cheese and sprinkle with chipotle or chili powder.
- Cook in the oven for 30 minutes. Broil under the grill last 2 minutes.
- Cut in 4 piece and serve with a side of green salad.
This meatless Vegan Mexican Lasagna recipe is made with layers of seasoned veggie crumbles, vegan cheese, and avocados. It uses south-of-the-border ingredients to create a festive vegetarian. Do you love Mexican and Tex-Mex food? Aside from chopping the onion and sauteing it, there is not. The most important thing about making this dish is that you have to be good at delaying immediate gratification and wait.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food vegetarian mexican lasagna recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!