Recipe of Iconic Mimi&#39;s Stuffed Manicotti for Diet Recipe
Hey everyone, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, mimi's stuffed manicotti. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Mimi's Stuffed Manicotti is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Mimi's Stuffed Manicotti is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have mimi's stuffed manicotti using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Mimi's Stuffed Manicotti:
- Take 2 TBS olive oil
- Prepare 1/2 cup chopped onions
- Prepare 6 cloves garlic finely chopped
- Make ready 1 LB ground beef
- Take to taste Salt
- Get 10 oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- Make ready 12 oz package Manicotti shells
- Prepare 2 cups Ricotta cheese
- Make ready 2 eggs, beaten
- Make ready 3 cups spaghetti sauce, divided
- Get 2 TBS butter
- Get 2 TBS flour
- Get 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- Prepare 2 cups Half and Half
- Get 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Prepare 1 TBS chopped fresh Basil
- Make ready 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Steps to make Mimi's Stuffed Manicotti:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute onions until translucent. Saute garlic for 1 minute and stir in ground beef. Cook until well browned and crumbled. Season with salt and set aside to cool.
- Cook spinach according to package directions. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add manicotti shells and parboil for half of the time recommended on the package. Drain and cover with cool water to stop the cooking process and prevent the shells from cracking.
- To the ground beef mixture add the cooked spinach and ricotta cheese. When the mixture is cool, add the beaten eggs. Spread 1/4 cup spaghetti sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Gently drain the manicotti shells and carefully stuff each one with the meat and cheese mixture; place shells in prepared dish. Lightly cover the dish with plastic wrap or a clean, damp towel to prevent shells from cracking.
- Prepare the white sauce by melting the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour and chicken bouillon. Increase heat to medium-high and cook, stirring constantly, until it begins to bubble. Stir in half and half and bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in parsley. Pour or ladle the sauce evenly over the stuffed shells.
- Stir the basil into the remaining spaghetti sauce. Carefully pour or ladle spaghetti sauce over the white sauce, trying to layer the sauces without mixing.
- Cover and bake for 40 minutes. Remove from oven, uncover and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes more.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food mimi's stuffed manicotti recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!