Step-by-Step Guide to Make Original Texas Red - A Big Iron on His Hip for Dinner Food
Hey everyone, it is Drew, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, texas red - a big iron on his hip. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Texas Red - A Big Iron on His Hip is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Texas Red - A Big Iron on His Hip is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have texas red - a big iron on his hip using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Texas Red - A Big Iron on His Hip:
- Make ready 3.5 Tbsps Tallow/ Kidney Suet/ Cooking Fat
- Prepare 1-3 Lbs Steak/ Tri-Tip; Diced/ Cubed (you can use any non-ground beef here- but don't use any pre-marinated meat)
- Get 1 Tsp each; Oregano, Cumin, Salt, Cayenne
- Get 3 Tbsps Chile Powder
- Make ready 1 Tsp Tabasco
- Prepare 2 Jalapenos; Diced
- Get 1 Habenero; Diced
- Get 1 Other green or red pepper; Diced
- Make ready 3 Cloves Garlic; Chopped
- Take 3 Tsps. Masa Harina
- Make ready 1 Onion; Diced
- Make ready 1/2 Can or 14 oz. Crushed Tomatoes (or Diced)
- Get 3 Bottles or 36 oz. of Shiner Bock (or Mild Brown Ale, or Bock); which ever beer you include will impart a lot of flavor so be careful with putting something too intense in, there may be a clash
Steps to make Texas Red - A Big Iron on His Hip:
- Sear Beef in Large Pot (use pot that can handle more than 36oz of liquid); Use a little tallow/ cooking fat to keep from sticking; Salt Beef judiciously.
- After Beef is Seared (can't see red on outside) add Peppers and Onions and sear for about 2 min or until slightly browned; Salt and Pepper the veg.
- Add Beer; Get contents to a boil, then reduce to low and simmer for 30 min; Cover
- Add spices (chile powder, cumin, cayenne, oregano, salt), garlic, tomatoes and tobasco; Simmer for 45 more minutes
- While the chili simmers, in a bowl combine Masa Harina, 1sp Chili Powder and some water; Mix until slightly soupy; After Chili finishes 45 min. simmer add Masa Harina into Chili; Simmer for 30 more minutes
- After final simmer check consistency is as you want it, if too soupy leave simmering longer; When adding time- remove lid and leave uncovered. Cooking longer will also reduce bitterness or spiciness if that is an issue. - - Often I end up cooking at the lowest boil I can get (maybe just above "low" on your range) for 2-3 hrs more- checking it every hour or so and stiring to keep sides from getting too gunky.
- In order to cook off alcohol you will need to cook for 4-7hrs total (even then there may be a little left). - Gets better after a day in the fridge; do not be afraid of the fat that solidifies at the top- that's flavortown. Feel free to skim approx. 3/4s of that off, if you want.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food texas red - a big iron on his hip recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!