How to Prepare Perfect Dad&#39;s Chili for Breakfast Food
Hello everybody, it is me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, dad's chili. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Dad's Chili is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. Dad's Chili is something which I have loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have dad's chili using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Dad's Chili:
- Make ready 1 lb ground sirloin
- Get 3-4 diced vine-ripe tomatoes
- Prepare 1 cup (or more, to taste) cooked pinto beans**
- Get 3 Tbsp tomato sauce (optional)
- Get 3 diced garlic cloves
- Prepare 1/2 cup diced red onion
- Prepare Oregano
- Get Cumin
- Take Paprika or crushed red pepper flakes (desired spice level)
- Prepare 1 Tbsp olive oil
Steps to make Dad's Chili:
- In a 'chili pot' (with a cover), heat oil to a medium heat, then add garlic and onion. Saute for a few minutes, until fragrant.
- Add 1Tbsp of oregano, 1/2tsp of cumin and 1tsp of paprika. Stir.
- Add beef and brown to a pink/brown shade (almost fully cooked). If you choose to 'spice up' seasonings, do it now. I love experimenting with garam masala, savory, ground clove, cinnamon, turmeric, black pepper and ground ginger
- Add beans with a 1/4 cup of liquid from cooking or can. Stir. Cover and cook for 5-10min. on med/low heat. (This is when you can dice the tomatoes)
- Add 1Tbps of oregano, and more paprika or crushed red pepper flakes to taste. Then add tomatoes. Stir. Cover. Continue cooking for 10min.
- The chili will be 'done' now. But, the longer you let it simmer, the deeper the flavor. Thicken the chili with tomato sauce, or tomato paste, but keep in mind to add more spices to adjust the flavor.
- For me, I've adjusted 'too spicy' with oregano and hint of basil. I've adjusted 'too mild' with savory and paprika. Have fun!!! Enjoy:-)
- *If you have never cooked beans from scratch for your chili, I recommend you try it. What a difference!! 1/2 to 3/4cup dried beans is plenty for this recipe. Soak them in 2cups of water over night. Dump the water into your garden in the morning and place the beans in pot with 4cups of water, 2-3 halved garlic cloves, black pepper, paprika and possibly a cinnamon stick or 2. Bring to a boil, turn down to simmer, and cover. Cook for 3-4hours.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food dad's chili recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!