Recipe of Original Shepherd&#39;s Pie the Meaty One for Healthy Food
Hello everybody, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, shepherd's pie the meaty one. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Shepherd's Pie the Meaty One is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions every day. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Shepherd's Pie the Meaty One is something which I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook shepherd's pie the meaty one using 23 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Shepherd's Pie the Meaty One:
- Make ready Potatoes
- Prepare 2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes
- Prepare 1 stick butter
- Get As needed water to boil potatoes
- Get To taste salt
- Take 12 ounces evaporated milk
- Prepare Gravy
- Make ready 3 pounds lamb neck bones
- Make ready 1 pound ground lamb
- Make ready 1 stick butter
- Take 1 cup English peas
- Take 1 pound lamb steaks
- Make ready 1 pound baby carrots
- Prepare 1/2 cup celery
- Make ready 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Take 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- Prepare To taste salt
- Get To taste ground black pepper
- Make ready 1 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- Take 3 pearl onions grated
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
- Take 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- Take 15 ounces beef broth
Instructions to make Shepherd's Pie the Meaty One:
- Season the neckbones cut up the lamb steaks. Set them aside. Cut up the vegetables. Grate the onions.
- Sauté the vegetables except for the English peas in the butter. Add the neckbones and steaks to the vegetables. Simmer covered for 15 minutes remove the meat.
- Simmer the ground lamb with the vegetables. When the lamb is browned drain the juices. Preheat oven to 400°Fahrenheit.
- Make the mashed potatoes. Peel and cube the potatoes. Add enough water to a pot to cover the potatoes. Bring to a boil till potatoes are fork tender. Drain potatoes add the stick of butter, and evaporated milk.
- Whip potatoes till creamy and thick. Allow to cool, and firm.
- Add the spices, tomato paste, and flour stir well. Add back to pan and sauté for 4 minutes. Add in the 15 ounces of beef broth. Stir and allow to simmer 10 minutes.
- When the potatoes are cooled to the touch, add to top of the shepherd's pie filling. Spread with a fork and put into hot oven for 30-35 minutes. Allow to rest 15 minutes and serve. I hope you enjoy!!!
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food shepherd's pie the meaty one recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!