Step-by-Step Guide to Make Favorite Rockin&#39; Bockin&#39; Steak and Black Bean Soup for Types of Recipe
Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, rockin' bockin' steak and black bean soup. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Rockin' Bockin' Steak and Black Bean Soup is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. Rockin' Bockin' Steak and Black Bean Soup is something that I have loved my entire life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have rockin' bockin' steak and black bean soup using 16 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Rockin' Bockin' Steak and Black Bean Soup:
- Make ready 2.5-3 lb Angus chuck roast
- Take 6-8 tbs McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning
- Make ready 4-6 tbs Fiesta brand Pinto Bean seasoning (more / less to taste)
- Get 1 tbs kosher/coarse salt
- Get 1 tbs coarse black pepper
- Make ready 4 tbs olive or avocado oil
- Prepare 1 medium onion, chopped
- Prepare 4 tbs minced garlic
- Prepare 2 bay leaves
- Prepare 46 oz can Goya black beans
- Make ready 14.5 oz can Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes (I use garlic)
- Make ready 15.25 oz can Southwest Corn
- Make ready 2 x 4.5 oz cans chopped green chilis
- Get or 1 or 2 jalapeños (whole, halved or sliced and seeded)
- Make ready 32 oz box of beef broth
- Take 1 Shiner Bock beer (have 2nd bottle to thin soup if needed)
Steps to make Rockin' Bockin' Steak and Black Bean Soup:
- Generously season the chuck roast with Montreal Steak Seasoning. Allow it to rest after seasoning for 20-30 minutes before cooking.
- Smoke chuck roast on pellet grill or smoker or roast in conventional oven at 225-250° until internal temp hits 160°.
- (I smoked my chuck roast on a Camp Chef Woodwind with Pit Boss Competition Wood pellets.)
- Remove from cooking and sear chuck roast on grill on high heat or on a hot lightly oiled cast iron skillet on the stove top for 2-3 minutes on each side. (This is called reverse searing.) You are looking for brown carmelization on the exterior of the beef. Do not overcook. Set the chuck roast aside and allow it to rest.
- In a large stock pot, add 4 tbsp of olive or avocado oil and heat over medium heat.
- Add chopped onion and minced garlic to stock pot and cook until onion becomes translucent. Add salt, pepper and half of the pinto bean seasoning and stir well to combine.
- Add black beans, fire roasted tomatoes, southwest corn, green chilis, beef broth, 1st beer and the remainder of the pinto bean seasoning.
- Stir well to combine ingredients, and add bay leaves.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. If liquid boils, reduce heat to continue simmering.
- After the chuck roast has cooled and can be easily handled, slice it into cubes, approximately 3/4"- 1" square. The chuck roast should be cooked to about medium rare (warm red center). It will cook further in the soup.
- Taste the soup and adjust seasoning if necessary. You can add the 2nd beer here to enrich the flavor.
- Carefully add the beef to the soup and cover again. Continue simmering for another 30 minutes or longer. (The beef will be more tender if cooked up to an hour in the soup.)
- Remove from heat and garnish with sour cream, chopped green onion, chopped cilantro, salsa, guacamole, etc. Serve with Troy's Corny Skillet Cornbread.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food rockin' bockin' steak and black bean soup recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!