Recipe of Iconic Chef Zee&#39;s Ropa Vieja (shredded beef) for Breakfast Recipe
Hey everyone, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, chef zee's ropa vieja (shredded beef). It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chef Zee's Ropa Vieja (shredded beef) is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Chef Zee's Ropa Vieja (shredded beef) is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook chef zee's ropa vieja (shredded beef) using 25 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Chef Zee's Ropa Vieja (shredded beef):
- Take Beef brisket or blade steak
- Get 1/2-1 tsp lite sodium soy sauce
- Take 1 packet sazon
- Take 1 tsp oregano
- Prepare 1 tsp cumin
- Make ready 2 bay leaves
- Take 1/2 white or yellow onion minced
- Get 1/2 cubanelle/italian pepper minced
- Take 5 garlic cloves mashed/diced
- Prepare Black pepper to taste
- Make ready 1/2 lemon
- Get 1/2 tsp adobo
- Take Drizzle of olive oil
- Make ready Water
- Take Sauce
- Make ready 1 white onion
- Make ready 1/2 green pepper
- Get 1/2 red or yellow pepper
- Prepare 3 garlic clives chopped
- Take 1/2 tsp red wine vinegar
- Get 1 tsp dry white cooking wine
- Make ready 1 1/2 cups braising liquid (sec above)
- Get 2-3 tbs tomato paste
- Make ready Handful os Spanish olives
- Prepare Optional: cilantro
Steps to make Chef Zee's Ropa Vieja (shredded beef):
- Cut brisket into medium pieces and place in a bowl. Season beef with black pepper, cumin, ground orégano, sazón, adobo, salsa china (lite sodium soy sauce), minced onions and peppers, fresh lemon juice, mashed garlic, and olive oil. Mix everything until the beef is well coated with seasonings. Marinate for at least an hour or overnight.
- Warm oil in pot over medium flame. Once oil is hot, add brisket. Brown brisket 5-10 min on each side.
- Add enough water to cover beef completely in the pot — be sure to add water to mixing bowl first to capture all of the marinade and then add to braising beef. Add bay leaf. Braise beef for 2-3 hours until tender. Add water throughout if necessary. Once tender, remove beef from braising liquid. Shred beef using forks, tongs, or hands. Place shredded beef is a large bowl. Remove & discard all extra fat. In a skillet add olive oil to a med high flame. Add shredded beef and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add braising liquid & simmer for 2 minutes. Add tomato paste & stir until combined. Stew for 5 minutes. Add dry white wine & stew for 2 minutes. Add minced garlic, onions, peppers, vinegar, cilantro, & olives. Mix until well combined. Add red wine vinegar. Let cook until onions reach your desired doneness.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food chef zee's ropa vieja (shredded beef) recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!