Steps to Prepare Homemade Instant pot Mongolian Beef for Lunch Recipe
Hey everyone, it is John, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, instant pot mongolian beef. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Instant pot Mongolian Beef is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. Instant pot Mongolian Beef is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook instant pot mongolian beef using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Instant pot Mongolian Beef:
- Get 1-1.5 pounds flank steak (sliced across the grains)
- Prepare 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Make ready 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Take 1/2 cup brown sugar (or 2/3 cups for those with a sweet tooth)
- Make ready 10 cloves garlic (minced)
- Prepare 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (minced)
- Get 1/2 cup lite soy sauce
- Take 1 cup water
- Prepare 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- Get 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Prepare Cornstarch Slurry
- Prepare 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Make ready 1/2 cup water
- Prepare Garnish
- Prepare 1/4 cup green onions (chopped)
- Get 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Get Hot chilli oil paste
Instructions to make Instant pot Mongolian Beef:
- Heat up your pressure cooker: press Sauté, click on the Adjust button, select More to get the Sauté More function, which means that the food will be sautéed over medium-high heat. Wait for the Instant Pot indicator to read HOT.
- Add sliced beef to a large ziplock bag, add 1 tablespoon cornstarch and shake well to coat the beef evenly.
- Add the oil to the hot Instant Pot, once the oil is hot, add the beef and sauté for 2-3 minutes, stirring a few times. If needed brown the beef in batches, you don't want to add too much as it will start releasing juice and it won't brown well. Note: You can also skip browning the beef and just add it to the pot!
- If bits of beef stuck to the pot, add 1/2 cup water and deglaze the pot. Using a wooden spoon scrape the bottom of the pot. You can discard that liquid if wanted.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the pot: minced garlic, minced ginger, lite soy sauce, brown sugar, water, rice vinegar, and red pepper flakes. You can add less sugar, based on your taste and preference. Note: You can also skip browning the beef and just add it to the pot!
- Stir well until all the ingredients are combined and coated in sauce.
- Close lid and pressure cook at High Pressure for 8 minutes + 10 minutes Natural Release. Turn off the heat. Release the remaining pressure after the 10 mins No time has passed.. Open the lid.
- Make the cornstarch slurry, in a small bowl mix cornstarch with water until fully combined. With the Instant Pot on the Sauté function, add the slurry to the pot, stir to combine and cook for 2-3 minutes on Sauté, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens. Turn off the Instant Pot and let the Mongolian Beef sit for 8-10 minutes before serving, in this time the sauce will settle and thicken more.
- Serve over rice and garnish with fresh chopped green onions and sesame seeds.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food instant pot mongolian beef recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!