Step-by-Step Guide to Prepare Traditional Vegan Braised Shiitake (Vegetarian) for Lunch Food
Hey everyone, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, vegan braised shiitake (vegetarian). It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Vegan Braised Shiitake (Vegetarian) is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Vegan Braised Shiitake (Vegetarian) is something that I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have vegan braised shiitake (vegetarian) using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Vegan Braised Shiitake (Vegetarian):
- Prepare 10 pieces (dried weight: 60g) Dried Shiitake mushrooms
- Get 12 g Kombu
- Make ready 20 g Soybeans
- Take 8 cm (2 g) Kanpyo(dried gourd strip)
- Prepare 30 ml Mirin
- Get 30 ml Soy sauce
- Prepare 1 tsp Grain vinegar or black vinegar
Steps to make Vegan Braised Shiitake (Vegetarian):
- Dry fry the soybeans (i.e., do not use oil) on low heat until they are light brown. Soak the kombu in water for around 30 minutes and slice it thinly with a kitchen knife.
- Soak the kombu and soybeans in water overnight. In a separate bowl, soak the dried Shiitake mushrooms in water overnight. (Remove the Shiitake stems during the soaking process so the rehydrated Shiitake will become plump.)
- Add water to the kombu/soybean Dashi until there is 300ml of liquid, and add 300ml of Shiitake dashi.
- Add the kanpyo to (3) and simmer it together with the kombu and soybeans for 2 minutes, removing the scum. Remove mixture from heat and let cool.
- Strain the liquid from (4) (300 ml) into a pot together with the Shiitake with their stems removed, and add mirin, soy sauce, and vinegar. Bring to a boil and remove the scum.
- Simmer on low heat for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool. Taste the soup and either return it to the heat to evaporate more liquid and concentrate the flavors or add soy sauce to taste.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food vegan braised shiitake (vegetarian) recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!