How to Make Iconic Bistec encebollado for Dinner Food
Hello everybody, it is Brad, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, bistec encebollado. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Bistec encebollado is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions every day. Bistec encebollado is something that I have loved my entire life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook bistec encebollado using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Bistec encebollado:
- Prepare 1.5-2 pounds beef cube steak (thin)
- Make ready 1/2 yellow onion
- Make ready Cubanelle pepper or Italian pepper
- Prepare 5 cloves garlic
- Prepare 1 tsp adobo
- Make ready 1-2 tsp low sodium soy sauce
- Get 1 tsp oregano
- Get 1 packet sazon (optional)
- Take 1 tsp sofrito or culantro
- Get 1 sour orange or lime
- Get 1 white onion cut into rings
- Get 1 tsp vinegar
- Get Drizzle olive oil
- Make ready Canola or corn oil
- Get to taste Black pepper
Instructions to make Bistec encebollado:
- Finely dixe pepper, onion & garlic. In a large bowl, season beef with peppers, onion, garlic, adobo, sazon, black pepper, garlic salt, sour orange, soy sauce, sofrito & olive oil. Mix until well combined. Cover & let marinade for atleast 1hr but best over night.
- Note: if using sour orange, collect seeds.
- In a large skillet or dutch oven, heat your frying oil until hot on medium heat. Add beef & let brown on both sides (5-10 min), flipping occasionally.
- Add water to marinade bowl then pour over beef, enough to cover meat completely. Let braise 30-40 minutes. Add more water if necessary. The beef should be tender to your liking.
- Note: my onion did not cooperate. Lower heat & add onions, cover & cook to your desired tenderness for onions.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food bistec encebollado recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!