Recipe of Ultimate Fruit Cocktail Pie for List of Food
Hello everybody, it is me, Dave, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, fruit cocktail pie. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Fruit Cocktail Pie is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. They are nice and they look fantastic. Fruit Cocktail Pie is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook fruit cocktail pie using 10 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Fruit Cocktail Pie:
- Prepare Meringue pie shell
- Get 2 egg whites
- Get 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- Make ready 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- Prepare 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Prepare Pie filling
- Get 4 cup sour cream
- Make ready 1 cup granulated sugar
- Make ready 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Take 3 can fruit cocktail, 15oz. each, very well drained.
Instructions to make Fruit Cocktail Pie:
- MERINGUE SHELL:
- preheat oven to 275°
- in a small grease free bowl beat egg whites until foamy.
- add cream of tartar and beat until stiff.
- gradually add vanilla then gradually add sugar while beating constant.
- spoon meringue into 2 9inch pie pans. just enough so that it covers the bottom and the sides. (you will probably have some left over.
- bake for one hour then turn off oven and let meringue cool inside the oven.
- cool completely before going to next step.
- combine sour cream, sugar and vanilla. mix well
- fold in the well drained fruit cocktail.
- spoon half the mix into each meringue shell.
- refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
- makes 2 pies. keep pie refrigerated when not being eaten.
- this is a very sweet pie. if you don't like super sweet dont make it.. lol. :)
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food fruit cocktail pie recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!