Step-by-Step Guide to Make Iconic Eggplant and Meatball Lasagna for Diet Recipe
Hey everyone, it’s Louise, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, eggplant and meatball lasagna. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Eggplant and Meatball Lasagna is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Eggplant and Meatball Lasagna is something that I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook eggplant and meatball lasagna using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Eggplant and Meatball Lasagna:
- Take Eggplant pasta replacement
- Make ready 2 medium sized aubergine/ eggplants
- Get As needed salt
- Make ready As needed extra virgin olive oil
- Prepare Meatballs and sauce
- Make ready 1-1/2 pound beef meatballs
- Prepare 32 ounces Mids Italian sausage pasta sauce
- Prepare 1/4 cup water to get and use all the sauce out of jar
- Get 3 tablespoons concentrated tomato paste
- Make ready 1-1/2 cups pesto see my recipe walnut pesto
- Make ready 2/3 pound ground sirloin
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- Take 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Take To taste salt
- Make ready To taste ground white pepper
- Make ready Cheese
- Get 2 cups extra sharp cheddar cheese shredded divided
Steps to make Eggplant and Meatball Lasagna:
- Peel the eggplant and cut one side to make flat surface. This will stabilize your eggplant when you slice it. Slice the eggplant thinly.
- Now salt the eggplant slices on both sides set in a bowl to drain the liquids. Doing this take all or most of the bitterness out of the eggplant slices. After an hour drain the liquids off and they are ready to use. The last picture on this step is the bitter liquids pulled out by the salt. I had about 1/2 cup total, on second draining.
- Cut the meatballs in half set aside. I usually keep meatballs in my freezer. See any of my recipes for meatballs. Shred the cheese, and set aside. When you pour the Mid's sauce in add a little water to the jar to get the rest out of jar.
- Preheat oven to 400°Fahrenheit heat the meatballs in a good sized pan. When browned remove and set aside. Add the Mids Italian sausage sauce to the pan then put in the ground sirloin. Bring to a simmer 20 minutes and stir in the tomato paste. Add the parmesan cheese. Stir in well.
- Add the olive oil to the eggplant. Cook on a cooking surface. Turn as needed. In a baking pan add some of the eggplant. I used a spring form pan.
- Add some of the meatballs cut side down. Cover the meatballs with half the sauce. Now add the pesto on top of sauce.
- Repeat the the same layers except you shouldn't have pesto on second layer. Add the shredded cheese on top. Put into the oven for 45 minutes.
- Take out of oven and let rest 15 minutes. Serve I hope you enjoy!!!!
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food eggplant and meatball lasagna recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!