Simple Way to Prepare Creative Lasagna for Lunch Recipe
Hey everyone, it’s John, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, lasagna. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Lasagna is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions every day. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Lasagna is something that I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook lasagna using 24 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Lasagna:
- Make ready Tomato Sauce:
- Get 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Take 1/2 lb. ground beef
- Make ready 1/2 lb. ground Italian sausage
- Take 1/2 yellow onion, finely diced
- Make ready 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Get 1 can (24 oz.) unsalted crushed tomatoes
- Make ready 1 can (16 oz.) unsalted tomato sauce
- Prepare 1 tsp. brown sugar
- Take 1 tsp. dried basil
- Take 1 tsp. dried parsley
- Take 1/2 tsp. salt
- Take 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Make ready Ricotta Layer:
- Get 1 container (15 oz.) ricotta cheese
- Get 2 large eggs
- Get 1/2 tsp. dried parsley
- Make ready 1/4 tsp. each salt, pepper, dried basil
- Take 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- Get Lasagna Layers:
- Make ready 15 Lasagna noodles
- Make ready 16 oz. fresh mozzarella block, sliced thinly
- Prepare 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Get 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Steps to make Lasagna:
- Start the sauce first, so it can simmer while you do everything else. Get the oil heating in a large pot over medium heat. Once its hot, add the beef and sausage and cook until it is browned throughout. Drain any excess grease, then stir in the onions and garlic to the pan. Cook, stirring often, until the onion has softened up a bit, about 3-5 minutes. Then pour in the canned tomatoes, seasonings and sugar. Lower the heat to med-low and let this simmer until your ready to assemble the lasagna.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x13" baking pan and set it aside. In a large bowl, whisk together the ricotta cheese, eggs, parmesan and seasonings. Set this aside. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the lasagna noodles until al dente. Drain them and let them cool enough to handle.
- Once ready to assemble, spread 1/4 of the sauce into the bottom of the pan. Lay out 5 of the lasagna noodles. Spread 1/2 of the ricotta mixture over the noodles, then half the sliced mozzarella. Spread 1/4 of the sauce over that, then repeat with another layer.
- For the last layer, lay out the last 5 lasagna noodles, spread the remaining sauce over the top, then sprinkle the shredded mozzarella and grated parmesan evenly over the top. Pop it in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until the top has a nice golden color and it is heated throughout. Once you remove it from the oven, let it sit for 5 or so minutes before slicing it into squares and serving.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food lasagna recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!