How to Prepare Popular Zuppa Toscana for Dinner Food
Hey everyone, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, zuppa toscana. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Zuppa Toscana is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. They are fine and they look fantastic. Zuppa Toscana is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have zuppa toscana using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Zuppa Toscana:
- Make ready 2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- Get 1 lb. ground Italian sausage
- Take 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
- Make ready 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- Prepare 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Take 2 tbsp. all purpose flour
- Get 4 cups unsalted chicken broth
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. each salt, pepper
- Take 3 large russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- Get 1 cup heavy cream
- Prepare 4 packed cups roughly torn kale
- Prepare Freshly grated parmesan cheese, for topping
Instructions to make Zuppa Toscana:
- Get 1 tbsp. of olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven heating on medium-high heat. Once its hot, add the sausage and cook until browned, breaking it up as you go. Remove it to a towel lined plate and cover it with foil. Set it aside. Then add the additional oil and the butter to the pot. Once it's hot and the butter has melted, add the onions with a pinch of salt.
- Cook the onions until translucent, then add the garlic and cook another minute or two, until fragrant. Then stir in the flour and cook for another minute or two. Next stir in the broth about a cup at a time, making sure the flour mixture is smoothly mixed in and there are no lumps, then stir in the cream, the salt and pepper. Let this come up to a low boil.
- Once at a boil, return the sausage to the pot and stir in the potatoes. Lower the heat a bit. Let this simmer until the potatoes are fork tender, then stir in the kale and cook just a couple of minutes more, until the kale has wilted. Taste the soup to check if it needs more seasoning. Then remove from the heat and serve.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food zuppa toscana recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!