Simple Way to Prepare Traditional Dalma for Breakfast Recipe
Hello everybody, it’s Brad, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, dalma. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Dalma is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. They are fine and they look wonderful. Dalma is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have dalma using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Dalma:
- Take 1/2 cup Tuvar dal (split pigeon pea lentil), soaked for 30 minutes
- Make ready 3-4 cups chopped mixed veggies (bottle gourd, beans, pumpkin, raw papaya, eggplant, raw banana, broad beans, cauliflower, potato, radish)
- Get 2 tbsp. mustard oil
- Make ready 1 tsp. panch phoron
- Prepare 2 bay leaves
- Prepare 2 dry red chilies
- Prepare 1 onion, chopped
- Take 1 tsp. ginger, chopped
- Prepare To taste salt
- Get 1 tsp. cumin powder
- Get 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
- Make ready 1 tsp. chilli powder
- Make ready 1 tsp. garam masala powder
- Make ready 1 tbsp. ghee
- Prepare 1 tbsp. fresh grated coconut
- Make ready 1 tsp. coriander leaves, chopped
Instructions to make Dalma:
- Cut all the veggies and keep aside.
- Pressure cook the dal along with all the chopped veggie & water for 2 whistles. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan & temper with bay leaves, dry red chilies & panch phoron.
- After it stops spluttering, add the onion, ginger and turmeric powder. - Saute till light brown.
- Add the boiled dal, salt,
- Cumin powder, garam masala powder and red chilli powder. Cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- When done, add ghee and mix well.
- Garnish with fresh grated coconut & coriander leaves. Serve with hot - steamed rice.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food dalma recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!