Simple Way to Make Fancy Kerala Style Ripe Plantains &amp; Lentils Pudding for Breakfast Recipe
Hey everyone, it is me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, kerala style ripe plantains & lentils pudding. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Kerala Style Ripe Plantains & Lentils Pudding is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. Kerala Style Ripe Plantains & Lentils Pudding is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook kerala style ripe plantains & lentils pudding using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Kerala Style Ripe Plantains & Lentils Pudding:
- Take 3 Ripe plantains / banana
- Make ready 1/2 kg Jaggery powder
- Get 100 gm Split moong dal/yellow lentils
- Make ready 4 cups Coconut milk
- Prepare 1/2 tsp Chukku podi/dry ginger powder
- Make ready 1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
- Get 1/2 tsp Jeera powder / cumin powder
- Take A handful, thinly sliced Coconut slices
- Make ready 1 handful Cashew nuts
- Make ready 1 handful Raisins
- Get As needed Ghee/clarified butter
- Make ready As needed Water
Steps to make Kerala Style Ripe Plantains & Lentils Pudding:
- In a saucepan, add the jaggery and allow it to completely dissolve. Strain it for impurities and keep it aside. Pressure cook the moong dal for 3-4 whistles and keep it aside to cool. Once cooled, open the lid of the pressure cooker and mash the dal roughly.
- Peel the skin of the plantains. Cut the plantains lengthwise and remove the inner seeds. In a grinder, grind the plantains into a smooth puree. Melt ghee in a nonstick pan. Add the plantain puree and fry until golden in colour and the plantains are cooked. Add the jaggery syrup to the cooked bananas and simmer until the banana mixture thickens.
- Add the dal and cook on low flame for 10 mins. Add the dry ginger powder, cardamom powder, & jeera powder and mix well. Add the coconut milk & allow it to simmer until the sauce thickens, stirring occasionally. Remove from flame and keep aside. Heat ghee in a pan & fry the coconut pieces. Keep them aside.
- Fry the cashew nuts and raisins. Add the fried coconut, cashews, and raisins to the payasam along with 1 tsp of ghee. Cover with a lid to let the flavors infuse well. Serve warm or cold as desired.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food kerala style ripe plantains & lentils pudding recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!