Recipe of Iconic The two cheeses lasagna for Lunch Food
Hello everybody, it is Jim, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, the two cheeses lasagna. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
The two cheeses lasagna is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They’re fine and they look wonderful. The two cheeses lasagna is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook the two cheeses lasagna using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make The two cheeses lasagna:
- Take 60 grams chedder cheese
- Take 1 large carrot chopped into 1cm cubes
- Make ready 1 onion, chopped finely
- Prepare 1 Celery stalk finely chopped
- Take 500 grams minced beef
- Make ready 1 Glass Italian dry red wine
- Get 400 grams Tinned Chopped Tomatoes
- Prepare 1 tbsp Tomato puree
- Prepare 1 courgette chopped into 1cm cubes
- Take 9 Sheets fresh lasagne each about 10x18cm
- Prepare 1 Cold Salted butter cut into 1cm cubes
- Make ready 1 salt and pepper
- Get 100 grams Salted Butter
- Take 100 grams plain flour
- Take 1 liter full fat cold milk
- Take 50 grams freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Take 1/4 Freshly grated nutmeg
- Get 10 Basil leaves
- Prepare 3 tbsp olive oil
Instructions to make The two cheeses lasagna:
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat and cook the onion,carrot and celery for five minutes. Add the minced beef and continue to cook for a further five minutes, stirring continuously, until coloured all over .Season with salt and pepper and continue to cook for five minutes stirring occasionally.
- Pour in the wine ,stir well and continue to cook for 5 minutes until the wine has evaporated. Add the chopped tomatoes, the tomato puree, the courgettes and the basil, lower the heat and continue to cook for one hour uncovered until you get a beautiful rich sauce. Stir occasionally. After about 30 minutes taste for seasoning.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 180C/350f/gas mark 4 and make the bechamel sauce. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over a medium heat stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Gradually whisk in the cold milk ,reduce the heat and cook for 10 minutes whisking constantly. Once thickened stir in half of the parmesan cheese with the nutmeg. Season and set aside to cool slightly.
- Spread a quarter of the bechemel sauce in the base of a deep 2.2 litre oven proof dish. Cover with 3 lasagna sheets , cutting them if necessary to fit the dish. Spread with half the meat sauce then top with a third of the remaining bechemel sauce. Cover with 3 sheets of lasagna and with the remaining meat sauce. Spread over half of the remaining bechemel sauce then add a final layer of lasagna sheets and gently spread the rest of the bechemel sauce on top ensuring the lasagna sheets are completely covered.
- Sprinkle with the remaining parmesan and scatter over the cubed butter. Grind some black pepper over the whole lasagna
- Cook on the lowest shelf of the oven for 30 minutes then place the dish on the middle shelf ,raise the oven temperature to 200C gas mark 6 and continue to cook for a further 15 minutes until golden and crispy all over
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food the two cheeses lasagna recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!