Steps to Prepare Original Vegan Spinach Pie for Vegetarian Recipe
Hello everybody, it is Jim, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, vegan spinach pie. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Vegan Spinach Pie is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. Vegan Spinach Pie is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have vegan spinach pie using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Vegan Spinach Pie:
- Prepare Filling
- Prepare 2-3 tbsp margarine
- Prepare 150 g chickpea flour
- Get to taste Salt & pepper, garlic powder
- Make ready 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- Prepare 500 ml soy milk
- Prepare 100 ml water
- Take 1 onion, chopped
- Get 430 g frozen chopped spinach
- Take 100 g soy yogurt, unsweetened
- Get Easy Pie Crust
- Make ready 250 g AP flour
- Make ready 100 ml hot tap water
- Prepare 100 ml oil (I used 50 ml EVOO, 50ml sunflower)or melted margarine
- Take 1/2-1 tsp salt (to taste)
- Prepare 1/2 tsp baking powder
Instructions to make Vegan Spinach Pie:
- For the filling: Start off by making a roux: melt margarine in a pot. Add chickpea flour and whisk. Slowly add in milk. Whisk vigorously to break up clumps. Cook for a few minutes.
- Next, add spinach, onion, water, stock cube and spices. Cook until spinach has thawed and the mixture has reduced to a thick paste.
- Mix in the soy yogurt. Set aside to cool.
- For the pie crust: combine all ingredients in a Tupperware box. Cover with a tight lid. Shake vigorously until a ball of dough forms.
- Put the ball of dough in the center of a parchment-lined pan. Spread it out with your knuckles. The dough is very forgiving, but take your time with this step. Get the crust as thin as possible without leaving any holes. Patch up any mistakes.
- Prick your crust with a fork and blind bake it at 200°C for 5-10 min, just until the dough gets a bit firm.
- Pour spinach filling inside the crust and bake it at 180°C for 20 min, then at 200°C for 15 min or until filling is set and crust is golden brown. If the edges are starting to burn before the filling has set, cover your pie with aluminum foil.
- Let cool for 10 min and enjoy :)
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food vegan spinach pie recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!