Recipe of Traditional Black Iron Skillet Cornbread for Diet Food
Hey everyone, it is Louise, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, black iron skillet cornbread. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Black Iron Skillet Cornbread is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. Black Iron Skillet Cornbread is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook black iron skillet cornbread using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Black Iron Skillet Cornbread:
- Take (1) Stick Butter (half softened)
- Make ready (1 1/2) Cups Milk
- Take (1) Egg
- Prepare (1) Tsp Salt
- Make ready (1 1/2) Tsp Baking Soda
- Make ready (1/4) Cup Sugar
- Get (1/2) Cup Flour
- Take (1 1/2) Cup Yellow Cornmeal
Instructions to make Black Iron Skillet Cornbread:
- Preheat Oven to 425 degrees. Place a well preseasoned cast iron skillet on middle rack to preheat for 20 minutes.
- 5 minutes before the skillet is done preheating.
- Place all ingredients in mixer including the 1/2 stick of softened butter. (Set the other half of butter aside). Mix on medium for 45 seconds.
- Using mits carefully take the HOT skillet out of the oven. Place the other half of butter in hot skillet. Slowly coat bottom and sides as butter melts.
- Stir cornbread mixture with a spatula after it's mixed to make sure it's well incorporated. Pour mixture into Hot buttered skillet.
- Place skillet back into oven, and bake 18 minutes.
- When done remove skillet from oven and let sit about 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes lift skillet with mit it will still be Hot, turn the cornbread onto a wood butcher block. And let cool but eat warm. If you're skillet is preseasoned correctly you shouldn't have a problem with sticking. Alternatively you can just let it cool in skillet but usually I can't wait that long.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food black iron skillet cornbread recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!