Steps to Prepare Fancy Aunt Adele&#39;s Torta di Riso FUSF for Dinner Food
Hey everyone, it’s Jim, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, aunt adele's torta di riso fusf. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Aunt Adele's Torta di Riso FUSF is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. Aunt Adele's Torta di Riso FUSF is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have aunt adele's torta di riso fusf using 17 ingredients and 25 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Aunt Adele's Torta di Riso FUSF:
- Make ready For a 4 qt (17"x 11" x 2") baking dish:
- Get Pie Crust:
- Get 2-1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- Make ready 1 teaspoon salt
- Get 2 tablespoons sugar
- Get 12 tablespoons (1-1/2 sticks) cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- Make ready 1/2 cup cold vegetable shortening, cut into 4 pieces
- Take 1/4 cup cold vodka
- Take 1/4 cup cold water
- Take Filling:
- Take 9 eggs – well beaten
- Prepare 3 lbs ricotta cheese
- Make ready 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Make ready 1 cup white rice
- Get 2-1/3 cups sugar
- Make ready 1 cup milk
- Take (Optional) 8 to 16 oz of candied fruit
Steps to make Aunt Adele's Torta di Riso FUSF:
- Preparing the pie crust:
- Pulse 1-1/2 cups of the flour (or 1-1/8 cups for the 3 qt recipe), salt, and sugar in a food processor until combined, (about two 1 second pulses).
- Add the butter and shortening and process until the dough just starts to collect in uneven clumps, about 12 to 15 seconds
- Scrape down the bowl with a rubber spatula and redistribute the dough evenly around the processor blade.
- Add the remaining flour and pulse until the mixture is evenly distributed around the bowl and the mass of dough has been broken up, 4 to 6 quick pulses.
- Empty the mixture into a bowl.
- Sprinkle the vodka and water over the mixture. With a rubber spatula, use a folding motion to mix, pressing down on the dough until the dough is slightly tacky and sticks together.
- Cut a sheet of wax paper 3" longer than the length of the baking dish.
- Put the pie crust dough onto the wax paper and then roll it out into a rectangle until it almost reaches the sides and corners.
- Slide the sheet of dough and wax paper onto a baking sheet with a wire rack and refrigerate for at least 45 minutes.
- Preparing the filling:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the rice for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Use an electric mixer to mix together eggs, sugar, and vanilla in a 5 qt. (or larger) bowl.
- Add ricotta cheese, rice, and milk and mix well.
- Putting it all together:
- Take the baking sheet of dough out of the refrigerator and place it onto the counter top.
- Grease the baking pan and gently place it upside down on the dough.
- Now comes the tricky part. Grab the ends of the baking dish and baking sheet and quickly but carefully flip it over.
- Remove the baking sheet but leave the wax paper in place.
- Carefully press the dough down into the baking dish and up onto the sides. Try to keep it at an even thickness all around. Once the dough is in place, carefully pull off the wax paper.
- Pour the filling into the pie crust.
- Sprinkle in the (optional) candied fruit. If any pieces are floating on top, press them down into the filling with the tip of a knife so that they don’t burn.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1-1/2 hours.
- Let it cool on a dry towel on the counter top for at least a few hours until the baking dish has cooled down enough to be transferred to the refrigerator. Although you can serve this while it is still warm, I think that it tastes best once it has completely cooled and the flavors have had a chance to congeal.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food aunt adele's torta di riso fusf recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!