Steps to Prepare Fancy Vegan chickpea tomato and peanut stew for List of Food
Hey everyone, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, vegan chickpea tomato and peanut stew. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Vegan chickpea tomato and peanut stew is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. Vegan chickpea tomato and peanut stew is something that I have loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have vegan chickpea tomato and peanut stew using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Vegan chickpea tomato and peanut stew:
- Take Prepare
- Take 1/2 cup diced bell pepper (red or green for less spicy flavor)
- Make ready 1/2 cup diced onion (red or white)
- Take 3 tbsp garlic (diced from fresh cloves or minced)
- Get 1 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Take Set aside
- Prepare 2 tbsp oil (avocado, olive or coconut)
- Prepare 1 “large” pinch of fine sea salt (~1/2 tsp)
- Prepare 1 cup unsweetened light coconut milk
- Make ready 1/2 cup peanut butter
- Get 14 Oz (or one can) diced tomatoes
- Take 1/4 cup or 2 Oz of tomato paste
- Make ready 1-2 tsp chili garlic sauce
- Make ready 1 cup water (to thicken the stew)
Steps to make Vegan chickpea tomato and peanut stew:
- Dice up the onion, garlic and bell pepper
- Add your oil to a warmed saucepan, spread around if preferred for even coating (I used avocado)
- Once the oil is toasty, add your choice pepper, onion, garlic and sea salt and stir until brownish or about 3-5 minutes
- Add the tomatoes (with their tomatoey juices), the tomato paste, the chili garlic sauce, the peanut (or almond) butter, coconut milk, and the rinsed and drained chickpeas. Stir it up to combine.
- You can now add water to desired thickness — about 1-2 cups.
- Bring to a simmer, then lower the heat and cover it. Continue cooking the stew until slightly thickened and fragrant — your kitchen will smell AMAZING. This is about 15-20 minutes. Keep an eye on it and turn the heat down if it’s boiling — you’re looking for a low simmer not a mess 😅
- Have some rice at the ready! Combine, add spoon and enjoy, friends.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food vegan chickpea tomato and peanut stew recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!