Recipe of Homemade Crab and Sausage Cornbread Dressing for Dinner Recipe
Hey everyone, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, crab and sausage cornbread dressing. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Crab and Sausage Cornbread Dressing is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Crab and Sausage Cornbread Dressing is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have crab and sausage cornbread dressing using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Crab and Sausage Cornbread Dressing:
- Make ready 6 Boxes Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- Make ready 6 Eggs
- Prepare 2 Cups Milk
- Prepare 1 Lb Jimmy Dean or Park Sage Sausage
- Take 1 Lb Lump Crab Meat
- Make ready 1 Box Chicken Stock
- Take 1 Qt Buttermilk
- Make ready 1 Each Diced Red, Yellow, Orange Peppers
- Make ready 1 Large Diced Onion
- Take 4 Large Chopped Cloves Garlic
- Take to Taste Poultry Seasoning
- Take 4 Stalks Diced Celery
Instructions to make Crab and Sausage Cornbread Dressing:
- Mix Corn Muffin Mix, Eggs and Milk into a batter and pour into a well greased casserole pan and bake as per instructions on the box about 30 to 45 minutes. After it is done and cools crumple it up and put in a covered dish on the counter for about 24 hours so it goes slightly stale.
- Fry Sausage in a skillet till fully cooked and drain. Set aside.
- In a 12 quart stock pot add a half a stick of butter and melt it. Add the veggies and sauté till slightly soft.
- Add the Sausage and Crab Meat and combine with the veggies in the pot.
- Add the Garlic and Poultry Seasoning (to taste as it’s strong stuff) and combine with the other ingredients in the pot.
- Add the Butter Milk and Chicken Stock to the pot and stir it all up.
- Add the Crumbled Corn Bread in stages and insure you fully incorporate it all into the pot with all the other good stuff. It’ll be a bit mushy and wet but it’s supposed to be that way.
- Pour the contents of the entire pot into a well greased casserole dish.
- Keep covered in fridge till ready to cook and serve it. When ready preheat your oven to 350 degrees and once heated put casserole in and back for 30 to 45 minutes. Voila! Your done!
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food crab and sausage cornbread dressing recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!