Easiest Way to Make Fancy Umeshu (Japanese Plum Wine) for Breakfast Food
Hello everybody, it is me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, umeshu (japanese plum wine). It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Umeshu (Japanese Plum Wine) is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions daily. Umeshu (Japanese Plum Wine) is something that I have loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have umeshu (japanese plum wine) using 3 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Umeshu (Japanese Plum Wine):
- Get 500 g Japanese green ume plums (You can buy from Mitsuwa and Nijiya, Marukai if you are in the United States. Only available for a short window in the early Summer.)
- Take 500 g Rock sugar
- Make ready 1000 g White liqueur (Best to use 24%~35% liqueur)
Steps to make Umeshu (Japanese Plum Wine):
- Wash and sterilize your jar with boiled water, and dry off the jar.
- Wash the plums and remove the stems. The stems are small and deep, so use a toothpick.
- Dry off the plums and leave it on clean cloth for a half day.
- Put a layer of ume plums in the jar, then a layer of rock sugar. Repeat until all the sugar and plums are used up, and pour the white liqueur into the jar until it just covers the topmost layer of plums.
- Put the lid on the jar securely and store the plums in cool, dark place. Shake the jar everyday until rock sugar dissolves.
- After 6 months, the Umeshu is ready to drink. Enjoy!
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food umeshu (japanese plum wine) recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!