Step-by-Step Guide to Prepare Iconic Three Sisters Stew for Healthy Recipe
Hello everybody, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, three sisters stew. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Three Sisters Stew is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look fantastic. Three Sisters Stew is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have three sisters stew using 28 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Three Sisters Stew:
- Get Hot soak
- Get 8 cups water
- Prepare Stew
- Take 2-1/2 cup dried pinto beans
- Prepare 4 cups winter squash
- Prepare 2 ears corn
- Prepare 1 large onion
- Prepare 2 medium carrots
- Make ready 2/3 pound ground sirloin/buffalo/ venison either one
- Get 1/4 pound smoked bacon
- Prepare 48 ounces beef broth
- Make ready To taste salt
- Take 1 teaspoons ground sage
- Prepare 1 teaspoons whole leaf dried oregano
- Prepare 1 teaspoons ground cayenne pepper
- Take 1 teaspoons finely ground black pepper
- Make ready Fall apart/ fry Dumplings
- Take 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- Prepare 1 tablespoon molasses
- Take 1 tablespoon sugar
- Get 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Make ready 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Take 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
- Get 1 teaspoon ground sage
- Get 2 large eggs
- Get 1 teaspoon double acting baking powder
- Get 1/4 cup hot water
- Get 1 cup self rising cornbread mix
Steps to make Three Sisters Stew:
- Wash and look the beans over remove any debris, bad beans, or stones. Add to a pot add 8 cups water. Bring to a boil for 10 minutes. Cover and turn off heat and let soak for 1 hour. Drain after an hour and rinse the beans. Add to a pot.
- While you wait peel and remove seeds from the winter squash. Save the seeds to plant or toast.
- Now that it is peeled slice and cube the squash.
- Remove the corn from the cob.
- Dice the bacon. Add the squash, beans, and corn to the broth.
- Add the spices, the wash, peel, and dice the carrots. Dice the bacon and add them to the stew. Rest of the ingredients are added now for the stew. Let simmer for 45 minutes.
- Everything is done.
- Now for the fall apart dumplings. Add all the ingredients except the hot water and cornbread mix. I had a 1/2 cup of hot water, but only used 1/4 cup. The more water I had it was easier to hold heat. Ease the water in till you use a 1/4 cup.
- Let rest 15 minutes so the baking powder and cornmeal can work keep covered. Add in the cornbread mix.
- It will tighten up just a bit. Spoon in the fall apart dumplings till you have about this much in the picture left. That's for frying. Add 2 cups of water to the stew to help it not burn or get too thick.
- Heat a skillet add the remaining mixture to the hot skillet and fry. When the bubble craters appear it's time to turn. Turn it, cover it for 3 minutes. Then just turn off the heat. Let rest in skillet covered till ready to eat. This will let it rise a bit and get done.
- Let the stew rest covered and off the heat. I added the fried dumpling to the bowl and dipped the stew on top. I hope you enjoy!
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food three sisters stew recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!