Step-by-Step Guide to Prepare Popular Ham and Beans with Potatoes and Cornbread for List of Food
Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, ham and beans with potatoes and cornbread. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Ham and Beans with Potatoes and Cornbread is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They are fine and they look wonderful. Ham and Beans with Potatoes and Cornbread is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook ham and beans with potatoes and cornbread using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Ham and Beans with Potatoes and Cornbread:
- Get 1 smoked Ham (or just use a ham steak)
- Make ready Fresh Green Beans (as many as you want)
- Get Red potatoes (not too many)
- Make ready 1 pack smoked bacon (reserve the grease)
- Make ready 1 stick butter (cut up)
- Take 1 medium onion
- Get 4 cloves garlic
- Make ready 2 chicken bouillon cubes (crushed)
- Make ready Water (I used 2 bottled waters)
- Get Garlic salt
- Prepare Black pepper
- Make ready 1 tsp white sugar
- Get Cornbread
Instructions to make Ham and Beans with Potatoes and Cornbread:
- Go through your beans and cut off the ends and cut them the way you like then soak them in water
- Cut up your ham the way you like your pieces reserving any you don't use including the bone in a Ziploc bag in the freezer
- Set your oven to 400 degrees and place the whole pack of bacon on a baking sheet Cook it anywhere from 15-20 minutes depending on your oven and depending on the cut of the bacon
- When done place bacon to drain and reserve the grease then start making your corn bread and put it in the oven (that is another recipe)
- Wash and scrub your potatoes and leave them whole or cut up if too big
- Cut up onion and garlic and set aside and cut your bacon into tiny pieces for later
- Pour the water out from your beans and add to the pot then add bacon grease and stir to coat them well with the grease
- Then add your water, chicken bouillon cubes, onion, garlic, garlic salt, pepper and sugar to the pot
- Then put in your ham and stir then add potatoes and butter then lock it up and set for 30 minutes on pressure cook
- When done add bacon pieces and stir ENJOY 😋💋💗
- Don't forget to take your corn bread out of the oven !! 😝
- Cooks note* If you don't like your ham cooked anymore than it already is in the package then don't add it until the beans and potatoes are done then set to pressure cook for 3 minutes with the beans and potatoes after all a smoked ham is already cooked
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food ham and beans with potatoes and cornbread recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!