Simple Way to Prepare Favorite Better than Jiffy Cornbread for Dinner Recipe
Hey everyone, it is me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, better than jiffy cornbread. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Better than Jiffy Cornbread is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions every day. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Better than Jiffy Cornbread is something which I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook better than jiffy cornbread using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Better than Jiffy Cornbread:
- Make ready 2 1/2 cups milk
- Prepare 2/3 cup white sugar
- Take 1/2 cup vegetable oil or melted butter
- Prepare 2 large eggs
- Prepare 2 cups all purpose flour
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups cornmeal
- Make ready 1 tbs baking powder
- Make ready 1 tsp salt
Steps to make Better than Jiffy Cornbread:
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a 9x13 baking dish. Set aside.
- In a large bowl vigorously wisk together milk, sugar, eggs, and oil/butter.
- In a separate bowl wisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Gently stir until just combined. Note: Batter will be lumpy and that's ok. Over-mixing will make tough cornbread.
- Transfer to baking dish. Let rest 10 minutes before placing in oven. This actually creates a fluffier cornbread.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden on top and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food better than jiffy cornbread recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!