Steps to Make Real Cornbread for Breakfast Food
Hey everyone, it is John, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, cornbread. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Cornbread is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They are nice and they look wonderful. Cornbread is something which I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook cornbread using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Cornbread:
- Make ready 1 1/4 cup self-rising cornmeal mix
- Prepare 3/4 cup self-rising flour
- Get 1/3 cup whole milk
- Make ready 1 cup buttermilk
- Make ready 2 eggs
- Make ready Stick butter
Instructions to make Cornbread:
- Place cast iron skillet in the oven and preheat it to 425°F
- Gently whisk all ingredients except for the butter
- Pull the cast iron skillet out of the oven, reduce setting to 375°F
- Place the stick of butter, (cutting it up will help) into the skillet and once it’s melted, pour about half into the batter. Mix the batter, then pour it into the skillet. You know it’s going right when it sizzles as it’s poured into the skillet.
- Put it into the oven for 20-25 minutes unless you are naughty like me and want to eat it with a raw center.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food cornbread recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!