Recipe of Homemade Baked apple and sweet potatoes for Vegetarian Food
Hello everybody, it is John, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, baked apple and sweet potatoes. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Baked apple and sweet potatoes is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They are fine and they look wonderful. Baked apple and sweet potatoes is something which I have loved my whole life.
Mix the hot water and honey together. Top pork chops with onions, sweet potatoes, and apples. While sweet potatoes bake, quarter and core apples without peeling. Leaving the peel on helps the apple pieces hold their shapes, adds nutrition, and saves you time.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook baked apple and sweet potatoes using 5 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Baked apple and sweet potatoes:
- Prepare 4 large apples
- Make ready 2 large sweet potatoes
- Make ready 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Get 12 tbsp cinnamon splenda blend
- Take 2 tbsp low fat margerine
Let this sweet and satisfying matzo bake with apples and sweet potatoes be your saving grace! It's got layers of egg-soaked matzo, thinly sliced sweet potatoes, and cinnamon-spiced apples. Bake or microwave the sweet potatoes until done but still firm. Arrange half of the sweet potato slices on the bottom.
Instructions to make Baked apple and sweet potatoes:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Wrap sweet potatoes in paper towels and microwave on high for 6 minutes. Flip potatoes and microwave another 6 minutes for 12 minutes total.
- Combine 2T ground cinnamon and enough sugar substitute to make about 1/2 cup cinnamon blend. I use Splenda because it bakes well and can be used in a 1:1 ratio to replace sugar.
- Remove potatoes and let cool.
- Core, peel and section apples into slices that are ~5-10 mm thick (1/4-1/2" thick). Add lemon juice and refrigerate to keep sections from browning.
- Peel sweet potatoes and slice into sections ~the same thickness as the apple slices.
- Build the dish as follows: layer sweet potato slices in bottom of casserole dish. Dab each slice with a little margerine. Sprinkle 2-3 T of cinnamon blend over the layer. Add a layer of apple slices and sprinkle another layer of cinnamon blend.
- Repeat step 7 until all the sweet potato and apple slices are used. The top layer should be apple slices sprinkled with cinnamon blend.
- Bake uncovered for ~50 minutes. Test apples to be certain they are done. Let stand 5 minutes and serve.
Bake or microwave the sweet potatoes until done but still firm. Arrange half of the sweet potato slices on the bottom. Drizzle with half of the buttery spread, then half of the maple syrup. When you're craving a sweet breakfast and want something simple and comforting, this breakfast bake is the perfect option. Pierce sweet potatoes with fork; place on cookie sheet.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food baked apple and sweet potatoes recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!