Recipe of Favorite Venison Cornbread Squares for List of Recipe
Hello everybody, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, venison cornbread squares. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Venison Cornbread Squares is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Venison Cornbread Squares is something which I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook venison cornbread squares using 13 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Venison Cornbread Squares:
- Prepare 1 to 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
- Prepare 1 lb ground venison ( I used elk)
- Take 1/4 cup diced onion
- Take 1/4 cup diced green pepper
- Take 1 clove garlic, minced
- Take 1 tsp chili powder
- Take 1/2 tsp salt
- Make ready 3/4 cup grated American cheese
- Take 2 tbsp cold water
- Prepare 2 tsp cornstarch
- Make ready 1 cup canned tomatoes, cut up ( I used diced)
- Prepare 2 tbsp canned green chilies, diced
- Take 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
Instructions to make Venison Cornbread Squares:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a skillet, heat oil,and cook venison, onion,green pepper, garlic, chili powder, and salt until meat is browned
- Set meat mixture aside
- Prepare c o r bread batter recipe below
- Pour half of the cornbread batter in a well greased 8x12x2 inch baking dish
- Spoon venison mixture over batter.
- Sprinkle with the grated cheese
- Spread remaining batter over the cheese
- Bake uncovered for 30 to 35 minutes until cornbread is done
- Let it stand for 5 minutes before cutting into Squares.
- In a small saucepan , blend cold water and cornstarch until smooth
- Stir in undrained tomatoes, green chilies, and Worcester shire sauce
- Cook and stir until thickened. And serve sauce over cornbread squares. Serves 6
- CORNBREAD BATTER
- I cup sifted flour..4 teaspoons baking powder. ..1 cup yellow cornmeal… 1 cup milk… 1/4 cup sugar… 3/4 teaspoon salt… 2 eggs…1/4 cup softened shortening
- Sift flour with, baking powder and salt, and sugar. Stir in cornmeal.
- Add eggs, milk and shortening
- Beat until almost smooth, do not over beat
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food venison cornbread squares recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!