Recipe of Fancy Vodka Sauce the via Appian Way for Types of Recipe
Hey everyone, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, vodka sauce the via appian way. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Vodka Sauce the via Appian Way is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions every day. Vodka Sauce the via Appian Way is something which I have loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have vodka sauce the via appian way using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Vodka Sauce the via Appian Way:
- Prepare 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Prepare 1 medium onion, diced
- Make ready 1 tsp fresh oregano finely chopped
- Get 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Prepare 5 or more cranks of fresh ground red pepper flakes
- Make ready 2 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- Prepare 1/2 cup vodka
- Make ready 1 pints heavy cream
- Take 1 bunch basil
- Make ready 1 box penne, regular or mini
Instructions to make Vodka Sauce the via Appian Way:
- In a 4 qt. pot add olive oil and heat to medium. When oil ribbons add diced onions and cook until soft and slightly browned. About 5-6 minutes.
- Grind red pepper over pot, add oregano, parsley and stir for approximately 15 seconds.
- Add tomatoes, cover until the sauce begins to boil then simmer on low for 1 hour. Make sure to stir the sauce every so often. WARNING - the base for the sauce is really thick please use caution when removing the lid to stir. I've been hit by hot sauce. 😉
- Carefully add vodka, stir, increase heat to medium, let sauce come to a boil, half cover pot and cook for about 5 minutes. Stir often.
- Remove lid and begin to slowly pour 1/2 the container of heavy cream (you will not need the whole container). Stir completely. Pour a little at a time until the sauce is salmon/pink in color. Slice thin between 5-10 large basil leaves and add to sauce. (This depends on your taste buds. We use more than 5.) Let sauce come to boil (lower the heat if needed) and cook for 2-3 minutes stirring continually. Take off element immediately if you have an electric stove.
- Cook penne according to directions, make sure to drain completely and pour enough sauce to cover but not drown the penne. Add extra sauce on top of each portion, grated cheese and finish with fine shreds of fresh basil.
- LET'S TALK ABOUT HERBS - In the middle of winter when fresh herbs are too $$ it's fine to use dried herbs. For dried herbs use half the amount required by the recipe. So if it says 1 tspn fresh, use 1/2 tspn dried. Before adding dried herbs rub them between the palms of your hand to release the essential oil. ALL EXCEPT DRIED BASIL - eliminate it completely. Fresh basil has a unique taste and when the basil dries it changes the flavor and will bitter the sauce.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food vodka sauce the via appian way recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!