Steps to Prepare Perfect Mexican Cornbread for Lunch Recipe
Hey everyone, it is John, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, mexican cornbread. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Absolute Mexican Cornbread. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. This is a popular Mexican cornbread, made with cornmeal and buttermilk, cream style corn, and chopped onion and peppers and Monterey Jack cheese. This MEXICAN CORNBREAD is soft, moist, delicious with a hint of sweetness and heat filled with corn kernels, jalapeno peppers, green chilies, Monterey Jack, and cheddar cheese. Buttermilk Cornbread - Heirloom Recipe - The Hillbilly Kitchen.
Mexican Cornbread is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions every day. Mexican Cornbread is something which I have loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have mexican cornbread using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Mexican Cornbread:
- Take 2 eggs
- Take 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Make ready 1 cup buttermilk
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Prepare 8 oz cream corn
- Get 2 jalapeños, minced
- Make ready 1 cup corn meal, unleavened
- Prepare 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Take 2 tsp baking powder
- Make ready 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Make ready 1/2 tsp salt
- Take 1 tbsp sugar
- Prepare corn meal
- Make ready vegetable oil
Mexican Cornbread aka Jalapeño Cheddar Cornbread. This Mexican Cornbread (aka Jalapeno Cornbread) is the perfect side dish for any of your fall soups, chowders, or chilis. She says "This has got to be the tastiest and the most moist cornbread I have ever made. See more ideas about food, recipes, yummy food.
Steps to make Mexican Cornbread:
- Place your cast iron skillet in your oven and pre-heat both to 350°F
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs. Whisk in the buttermilk. Then slowly stream in the vegetable oil while whisking constantly.
- Stir in the cheddar, corn and jalapeños and mix thoroughly.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the corn meal, flour, baking soda, baking powder, sugar and salt. Then pause right here if the oven isn't finished pre-heating.
- When your oven has finished pre-heating, its time to finish up. Pour the liquid mix into the dry mix and whisk together thoroughly. This is a thin batter so expect it to be runny, but if its too thin sprinkle in a bit more corn meal. I usually add maybe an extra tablespoon or two, depending on how it looks.
- Now we want to work quickly so the cast iron doesn't cool down too much, so put on your oven mitt and grab your vegetable oil. Quickly remove skillet from the oven, pour in just a bit of vegetable oil and quickly swirl it around to coat the pan. Don't skip the sides when you're twisting and turning, but work quickly so it stays really hot. As soon as its coated, pour in the batter. You want it to sizzle around the edges as it goes in so you get that great cornbread crust.
- Now back in the oven to bake for 30-35 minutes. When its done it should be golden brown on top and should bounce back firmly if you press down in the center. I turn mine out upside-down on a dinner plate and just serve it that way.
She says "This has got to be the tastiest and the most moist cornbread I have ever made. See more ideas about food, recipes, yummy food. This homemade Mexican Cornbread is seriously the best!! Wow, this homemade Mexican cornbread is absolutely delicious! Cream-style corn and buttermilk keeps every piece of cornbread moist and tender.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food mexican cornbread recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!