How to Make Authentic Chicken Tortilla Soup for Vegetarian Recipe
Hey everyone, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, chicken tortilla soup. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Chicken Tortilla Soup is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. They are fine and they look fantastic. Chicken Tortilla Soup is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook chicken tortilla soup using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Tortilla Soup:
- Prepare 2 Split, bone-in, skin on chicken breast
- Get 1 49.5 oz can of chicken broth
- Prepare 1 medium white onion, diced
- Get 1 poblano pepper, diced
- Make ready 2 clove Garlic, minced
- Make ready 6 scallions (green tops and white bottoms separated)
- Take 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes (undrained)
- Make ready 1 14.5 oz can of refried beans
- Take 1 14.5 oz can of low-sodium black beans (undrained)
- Take 1 cup Vodka
- Prepare 1 tbsp Mexican oregano
- Get 2 tsp Cumin seeds
- Get 1 tsp Dried cilantro
- Get 3 Bay leaves
- Make ready 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- Take 1 Kosher Salt
- Get 1 Fresh-ground pepper
Instructions to make Chicken Tortilla Soup:
- Heat a Dutch oven or another large, heavy pot on the stove on medium-high heat. Season chicken breasts liberally with Kosher salt. Place chicken breasts skin side down in Dutch oven. Brown and render as much fat out of the skin as possible. When skin is golden brown, remove chicken to a second pot.
- Reduce heat on Dutch oven to medium. Add cumin seeds to Dutch oven chicken fat and toast for one minute. Sauté diced white onion and diced white part of onion from the scallions in the chicken fat for 3-5 minutes. Add diced poblano and minced garlic and Sauté for another 3-5 minutes. Add Mexican oregano and dried cilantro.
- In the second pot, pour the broth over the chicken breasts. Cover with a lid and bring to a simmer. Cook chicken all the way through. Remove chicken from broth and allow to cool until it is able to be pulled from the bones and shredded. Discard bones. Reserve chicken and broth.
- Add canned tomatoes (undrained) to vegetable mixture. Immediately stir in vodka. Bring to a simmer. Stir in refried beans and black beans (undrained). Add bay leaves.
- Add reserved chicken broth to vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Add the corn. Simmer for 20-30 minutes. At this point, soup is ready to serve BUT it can simmer for a few more hours for a thicker broth. Five minutes before service, stir in diced fresh cilantro (as little or as much as you prefer). Garnish with sour cream, green onion tops from scallions, tortilla chips, guacamole or any other traditional Tex-Mex garnish. Enjoy!
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food chicken tortilla soup recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!