Easiest Way to Prepare Original Vegan Meatloaf - wip for Healthy Recipe
Hey everyone, it is John, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, vegan meatloaf - wip. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Vegan Meatloaf - wip is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They are fine and they look wonderful. Vegan Meatloaf - wip is something that I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook vegan meatloaf - wip using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Vegan Meatloaf - wip:
- Prepare Salt & crushed black pepper
- Get 2 tbsp olive oil
- Get 1/4 cup walnuts (minced)
- Prepare 1/4 cup cashews (minced)
- Make ready 2 garlic cloves
- Prepare 1 brown or red onion
- Take 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Make ready 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley (chopped finely)
- Make ready 1 1/2 cups mixed vegan meat (soy free)
- Make ready 2 cups dried mushrooms (soaked, strained & chopped)
- Get 1 cup fresh mushrooms (chopped finely)
- Make ready 1 cup vegan cheese
- Make ready Sherry or red wine vinegar
Instructions to make Vegan Meatloaf - wip:
- Soak the dried mushrooms in room temp water for 30mins before you strain, dry & chop it up
- Soak the chopped mushrooms in a touch of sherry or red wine vinegar and veggie stock and set aside.
- Prep a baking tray with butter and baking/parchment paper or line with foil
- Lightly sauté your finely minced onion and garlic together and then set it aside for a few minutes to cool a little.
- Pop the vegan meat into a large bowl along with salt, pepper, saughtéed minced onion and garlic, soaked mushrooms and your chopped parsley.
- Using your hands (the absolute best kitchen tool you have!), carefully and gently mix the ingredients together just until they are blended and come together. Just remember not to over mix!
- Now, skip the loaf pan, it's truly better without it! This way, the meatloaf isn't steamed but rather gets a delicious outer crust.
- Turn your mixture out onto your prepared tray and shape, by hand, into a loaf shape.
- You can decide how you want to cover the top; brush the outside with some tomato sauce, sprinkle with some additional dried herbs (ie basil, rosemary, oregano) and/or grated vegan cheese. I topped it with vegan bacon strips.
- Bake at 160°C (320°F) for about 55mins - 1 hour.
- Allow the meatloaf to rest for about 10-15mins, very loosely tented with foil before slicing and serving.
- Serve with a side of any veggies/salads you like. I served mine with lightly fried green beans, chilli jam & butter sauce.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food vegan meatloaf - wip recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!