Recipe of Traditional Cornbread salad for List of Food
Hello everybody, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, cornbread salad. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Cornbread salad is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Cornbread salad is something that I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have cornbread salad using 11 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Cornbread salad:
- Take 1 box Mexican (can use plain) cornbread mix
- Make ready 2 packages bacon bits (or 10 slices cooked/crumbled bacon)
- Take 2 large bell peppers (I use red and/or orange)
- Make ready 1 bunch green onions
- Get 2 medium tomatoes (optional)
- Take 1 packages frozen corn (large)
- Make ready 2 can ranch style beans (or similar type)
- Prepare 1 envelope dry ranch mix
- Make ready 1 cup fat free mayonnaise
- Take 1 cup fat free sour cream
- Make ready 2 cup reduced fat or fat free grated cheese (cheddar or Mexican)
Steps to make Cornbread salad:
- Bake cornbread following directions on box.
- Combine dry ranch mix, sour cream and mayo until smooth. Chill while cornbread is cooking.
- While cornbread is cooking prepare corn according to directions on package. Let cool.
- Open and drain beans.
- Chop tomatoes, peppers, and green onions into bite sized pieces.
- Once cornbread is done, let cool.
- Once cooled, crumble cornbread up until it looks like fine bread crumbs.
- Begin layering process. When layering remember to smooth out evenly.
- Layer 1: 1/2 cornbread
- Layer 2: 1/2 bacon
- Layer 3: 1/2 bell peppers
- Layer 4: 1/2 green onions and tomatoes
- Layer 5: 1/2 corn
- Layer 6: 1/2 beans
- Layer 7: 1/2 dressing mix, spread smoothly
- Layer 8: 1/2 cheese
- Continue layering following same order. Should make two layers of each.
- Chill layered salad until ready to serve. Enjoy!
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food cornbread salad recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!